Airmar B275LHW via DFF1-UHD to a TZTL12F CHIRP Questions

Trepang

Still debating transducers and have come up with some more questions I hope someone can help me with.

Some up front info:

The B275LHW CHIRP transducer is capable of transmitting in low between 42-65 kHz and in high between 150-250 kHz

The info on the DFF-1-UHD says it can transmit in low between 30-70 kHz and in high between 175-225 kHz.

My questions / concerns are:

1. The DFF1-UHD doesn't cover the full frequency range of the transducer. It only goes from 175-225 kHz where as the transducer's output in HF is 150-250 kHz. Is this a problem or issue I should be concerned with?

2. I am assuming, that the DFF1-UHD will transmit all frequencies within it's advertised LF & HF bands (30-70 kHz & 175-225 kHz) and not just transmit a single frequency within that band?

3. If I wanted to could I turn off the CHIRP function on the TZTL12F and just transmit a single frequency or one low and one high frequencies with the B275LHW - Basically use it as a Non-CHIRP system?

Thanks in advance

Trepang,
The B-275 is a good match for the UHD.
However that transducer has a wide HF side so the UHD won't support the Bottom Discrimination Mode when using a B-275.
The UHD Chirp's all the time so you won't be able to a select a single.

Snips

Back