A hint on the new 585??

A

Anonymous

I was wondering if you guys could give us some top secret info on the new 585??? I am pretty sure it will work with a b260 broadband transducer?? What features can you spill to us.I have run the 582L and the 585. Not sure about chirp.Give us some hints...I will be nice not to replace our transducers.What can we expect.We won't tell anyone,....ha,ha,I know it will NOT be chirp.I know coming from Furuno it's going to be good.Maybe wait on chirp until everybody get's all the kink's worked out.
THank you. Capt.Mike www.daybreakercharterfishing.com

Capt. Mike,
OK, since you promised not to tell. Here are three tidbits, the replacment for the 585 will use the same size case, it will be compatable with a B-260 (the B-260 is not Broadband) and will have a All Gain control similar to its bigger brothers the FCV-295/1150.

Snips

Thanks Snips, i see somenthing about new 627 but i was wondering when 587 will be allowed to purchase!
May you give us some hint? :jump

Pepe,
All I can say is that the replacement for the FCV-585 is in the final testing phase. We want to ensure to lives up to Furuno's higher standards.

Snips

Snips":3usgq6ed said:
Pepe,
All I can say is that the replacement for the FCV-585 is in the final testing phase. We want to ensure to lives up to Furuno's higher standards.

Snips

Thanks Snip, sorry one last request.......but...at least can we wait it for this year?

Pepe,
Unless something unexpected happens they will be available towards the end of the year.

Snips

Snips":53fgscun said:
Pepe,
Unless something unexpected happens they will be available towards the end of the year.

Snips

Thanks a lot Snips!

Hello Snip, Can you tell me if the FCV 1150 working good with the B260 ,or could do better with any chirp transducer in the industry that you are tested.Thanks

The FCV-1150 works well with the B-260. I did test a couple of the Chirp ducers (B-265 & R-509LH) recently with an 1150 and they worked well also. I didn't see any performance increase with the B-265 over the B-260, so unless you are thinking of a Chirp sounder down the road I would go with the B-260.

Snips

As for the performace of furuno products there is no downside. But to add just a couple of features of the following would surely increase sales.

1.) VGA/HDMI/Video out one of them would be great 2 even better.

2.) Remote Location control panel.

these key features would apply to the novice fish crowd as well as the sport crews.
to have the ability to have a remote display as well as control in the upper Station/Tower or even aft on deck as well as once side of the wheelhouse to another.

Back