711C OB Sensor Setup Questions

MarMax

Furuno Super Fan
I'd like some advice on how to set up sensors for my application. The boat is trailered and lives in a garage when not on the water. I prefer to do most of my electronics testing and configuration in the garage. My GP330B is connected through the DRS and not directly on the N2K network. This is something I will change eventually, but not at this time.

Since I have no GPS signal in the garage I've purchased a Garmin 19x N2K antenna that I stick outside and connect up to the network. It works fine and allows me to test all my electronics with GPS data, except for the other GPS antennas.

Since I'm switching my data sources around on the MFDs to do this garage testing I'd like to know if using the auto detect for sensors on the 711C is the best way to go. Prior to getting the Garmin 19x I had turned auto detect off and listed each sensor (data source). Just want to know what is best, or if it matters. Thanks

Auto detect is a one time shot. If you turn it On it auto fills in what it thinks your sources should be and the order of priority. After that the auto detect goes back off. I normally don't recommend it. It is best to setup the known good sources in the order you want and ensure that something that isn't a good source doesn't get in that list.

Back