711C installation - compass not showing on device list

neversink2

I just installed 3 TZT12F's and an AP711C with PG700.
The AP711C dockside setup all went well. Also completed the PG700 calibration by doing slow turns. The PG700 is not showing up in the device list of the AP711C controller. The device list is blank and the AP says "no heading sensor".

Both the the AP711C (shows up as Navpilot 300) and the PG700 shows up in the device list of the TZT12F chartmaster. However, both N2K devices are light grey text, where the other MFDs connected via ethernet are solid white text.

The AP brain and PG700 are connected to the N2K network using actisense 4 way tees, with resistors on each end of the backbone. The resistance accross 4 & 5 is 61 ohms. The power across pins 2 & 3 (and 3 & shield) is +13.4 VDC.

Am I missing something on the install? I can't seem to get the AP to find the heading sensor. Also not sure why these two devices are showing up in the MFD device list in light grey text and not in white.

When it is light gray it means it was seen in the past but not currently. Any product actively being seen by the NavNet will be bright white in the sensor list. Something is wrong with the bus. The Navnet is not seeing any of the devices on the bus right now and the pilot isn't seeing the compass over that bus either.

I would recommend cutting the bus down a very small bare minimum like maybe the TZT display and PG700 only on the bus and see if the TZT sees the PG700 clearly and constantly and then slowly add items to see if you can find the bad actor. It could be anything like a bad tee or drop cable. If you have no luck you might need to contact a dealer with a 2000 meter.

That worked. Had a bad blue connection on the compass cable.
All good now. Everything recognizes all devices.

Thanks again for your help!

Back