7.01 Software has made DFF-3D near useless etc.

ELGATODOS

Furuno Fan
We have some issues with the new software.

1.The B260 that's connected to the fish finder part of the system no longer works. Just searches for the bottom in any depth.  
2.The 120 degree feature is glitchy and no longer scans nor looks like it did with the old software. And is pretty much useless as is.
3.The 3D sounder history no longer works in anything deeper than 45 fathoms or so. And it's picture is very poor compared to what it was before. This also freezes quite often. 
4. The picture on the triple beam is poor at best, way less quality than it was with the previous software. Also glitchy and I get white blank spaces every so often, like it's not seeing the bottom, which has never been like that before. 

The software glitch or whatever the issue is seems to be with the fish finder and DFF 3-D portion of the system.Radar and plotter work fine. Besides periodically the date and time goes to 2014 and the time is way off. Then it goes back to normal.

I tried pretty much every setting to make it work, it shouldn't be that complicated as I thought before it was just plug and play.
To me it feels like a corrupt file or something else is off. 

Did you do the DFF-3D update as well as the v.7 updates for the operating system and internal fish finder on the TZT 2? I have a system with two TZT 3s and a TZT 2 and DFF-3D and if anything the DFF-3D works better since the updates. Maybe you should just start over clean. Go into the service manager and do a full factory reset on the TZT 2 and download the various updates again and reinstall.

Thanks. Slowly starting to get it dialed again.
What I can't find out is why the 120 degree sounder history only is active when there is something to print an image of? Before it did not operate that way, it would paint a continuous picture of a school of fish, not just when it was under the boat.

Got the B260 to read, it was simply not selected as a source, which makes no sense.

Upgrade has been more of a hassle than it was worth. Lesson learned.

B260 reads well as we drift or low speed, but turns pretty useless at 5 knots or more. The bottom line is very thin and the whole picture seems zoomed out so to day.
Also the depth will not stay at a certain selected depth.
example- If we are in 100f I set the adjust to manual and zoom in with the adjustment bar to 0-30 fathoms. It stays for a few seconds then goes back to looking for the bottom.
I want to see 0-30 fathoms. How do I do that?

You completed the master reset?

You updated the sounder and did the reset on the sounder as the update instructions stated?

Try to reset the hardware and settings within the sounder menu at the bottom and complete your transducer setup again.

The DFF3D stores it's settings internally. Change to v7.01 doesn't change the DFF3D or it's contained settings. If v6 software is preferred, it is still posted on our website for download. The unit will allow software to be stepped down.

Back