Double return on TZ-touch3 & Chirp & Airmar B275LHW Transducer

ELGATODOS

Furuno Fan
We are running a 19" TZ touch 3 using it's built in fish finder connected to a B275LHW. We are getting a second return of the bottom as you can see in the pictures. We also have the DFF-3D running and it does not show multiple returns, it looks normal. Both are in "Auto". When I switch the Chirp to "Manual" I can adjust the depth to put the single bottom return toward the bottom part of the screen to create a nice normal screen. What are we doing wrong? I'd like to "auto" setting to not show the double return.
First picture is 275, second is DFF3D

Attachments

• IMG_3179.jpg
    IMG_3179.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3178.jpg
    IMG_3178.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 20
When you get into a little deeper water the second bottom echo should go away. The initial echo is so strong that it reflects back off your hull and your transducer hears it a second time, at double the actual depth.
gtstang462002's advice is also good. The range shift will hide the second echo and give you more viewing room of the column.

Go into your sounder settings and adjust your bottom range shift area until you get the picture that you like. For reference, I have mine running at 80.
Roger thanks. It just threw me off as the display was fine, with a single return, then one day out of nowhere it changed. Thanks for the tip

Back