3.65 firmware failed to load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boneyard

Turned on my tzt3 16s this afternoon and they both said 3.65 software update was available. Tried updating both and they both got to 62% and failed? Multiple times. Ideas or alternatives?

check the wifi connections going to the tzt3 make sure its stable. I have done the update on several units and it went flawless.
WiFi was strong and not an issue. Attempted update three times on two different units. All errored out at exactly the same percentage 62%.

Turned on my tzt3 16s this afternoon and they both said 3.65 software update was available. Tried updating both and they both got to 62% and failed? Multiple times. Ideas or alternatives?
You mean 3.56, which is the latest version shown on the support page for download? I haven't had much luck with the Wi-Fi updating. I would just download to a microSD from the website. The whole over the air process makes me nervous because the possibility of corrupting the unit software is greater.

Haven't had any reports of v3.56 failing during update process. The nice thing about the WiFi update process is that it downloads the complete software into the TZT first and then when it's successfully downloaded, then it reboots and actually installs it on the system. This prevents the potential to corrupt software when updating. Also, if the software just won't update via WiFi, the next best thing to do is update via a USB stick (4 or 8GB recommended). Here's a link to the support page for the TZT16F...the software and instructions are at the bottom of the page: https://www.furunousa.com/en/support/TZT16F

All else fails we do sell a pre-tested update package/kit via the Furuno dealers by USB for those who don't want to download and make their own.

FWIW, my TZT3-16 wouldn't connect to my relatively weak nearby Wi-Fi, so I connected it to my phone's HotSpot.

Worked like a champ. The first TXT16 downloaded the update, then it applied the update to the second TZT16.

Roughly 10 minutes later, I was all updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back