295 temperature help

LiquidEmu

Hi
I recently got a 295 and im having trouble getting temperature. blue and black from my ss175hw are connected to the back of the 295, brown and white from transducer are connected into a 6 pin pig tail
ss175hw white goes to pig tail yellow
ss175hw brown goes to pig tail black

data box temperature is on and temperature is set to own

Any idea why its not working ?

Thanks

It could be the 6pin cable you are using. The normal speed/temp cable that would be used would be using the Green and Black for temp not Yellow and Black. Yellow and Black would be correct if using a NMEA data cable instead of a temp/sped cable. What does your 6 pin cable look like (color and any numbers on the side of it)

It could be the 6pin cable you are using. The normal speed/temp cable that would be used would be using the Green and Black for temp not Yellow and Black. Yellow and Black would be correct if using a NMEA data cable instead of a temp/sped cable. What does your 6 pin cable look like (color and any numbers on the side of it)
Thanks for the reply. This is what I have

Attachments

• 20240806_191302.jpg
    20240806_191302.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 20240806_205846.jpg
    20240806_205846.jpg
    1,016.4 KB · Views: 7
1723058634141.png
You are using a 5 meter NMEA cable. To bring in temp it would be Yellow and Black as you have.
I would recommend testing the temp pins (Pin 2&3) to ensure the temp is reading correctly. It should ohm out at roughly 10-12 Kohm when disconnected and going to the transducer temp wires. If the value is wrong, then the temp sensor or cable might have an issue. If the value is good,then it sounds like the FCV295 has damage and might need to get repaired.

View attachment 5583
You are using a 5 meter NMEA cable. To bring in temp it would be Yellow and Black as you have.
I would recommend testing the temp pins (Pin 2&3) to ensure the temp is reading correctly. It should ohm out at roughly 10-12 Kohm when disconnected and going to the transducer temp wires. If the value is wrong, then the temp sensor or cable might have an issue. If the value is good,then it sounds like the FCV295 has damage and might need to get repaired.
I figured it out. Brown on my transducer was nothing. I had to connect to the bare wire and white on transducer side to yellow and black on pig tail

Back