1715 Radar Data Output

A

Anonymous

I am a newbie here, but I have a burning question that I would like to see if it can be answered.

I am experimenting with the 1715 for a number of different applications and I would like to get the actual radar data (what I see on the screen) outputted to a PC so I can play with data. <I assume it would be db strength on a grid>

I have looked around and cannot find any hardware device for this purpose, nor can I find any information about the how to get to the raw data.

Any suggestions on how and who can help me would be greatly appreciated...

Best Regards,

Gerald

The 1715 radar data cannot be displayed on anything but the 1715 display itself. It is not a networkable device and has no means to output video to a PC.

Thank You for this reply.

Which model would allow for such an operation; to capture the actual data for further analysis?

Best Regards,

Gerald

The 1715 can only output the TLL NMEA0183 sentence. The 1835 radar has an optional video output connection to display radar video on another display, such as a computer monitor. The video out contains trigger, bearing pulse, radar video, heading pulse and video ground. There is also a NMEA connection that outputs RSD, TLL and TTM NMEA0183 sentences. I don't know exactly what information you are trying to extract, but this is basically all that's available. If you are looking for something more, another system like a NAVnet 3D system that has a .dll for network interfacing to a computer would required. This information is proprietary and would require Furuno-Japan approval, non-disclosure agreements and some benefit to Furuno themselves prior to them allowing you access to that info.

Back