1715 help needed

53kemper

Hell all, I have a Furuno 1715 on my boat and I cant seem to get it to display any info on the screen. Ive run the tests and its looks like it checks out fine but can get any info to show up. Can hear dome spinning when its on. Any help would be appreciated. Here are some screen shots I took of the tests.

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_0747.jpg
    IMG_0747.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 459
It appears your radar video line between your scanner and display is broken. That is my best guess. If you have a spice, check the small coxal wire inside the scanner cable. That is the radar video going from the scanner to the display for processing. Yours appears to be broken and no radar video is getting to the display.

Thank You Johnny, the cable was cut when I purchased it so I soldered the wires back together. I made sure each one was done right so I’m wondering if it’s a break somewhere else in the cable. Do you know what color wire the video cable is by chance? I’ll do a continuity test on all the lines this week to see if I can find it. Thanks for your help.

The coax is black I think. It is the ONLY coaxial wire in the cable bundle. I recommend looking at the interconnection wiring diagram on page S-1 of the manual and do as you said and check all the wires end to end.

When posting a topic PLEASE don't post under Furuno News. I have moved your topic to radars.

Thank you Jonny, you were correct, I found a second splice in the cable and opened it up. The coax was not spliced correctly. I fixed it and the pictures showed up. Thanks so much for your help.

Back