Will tzt3 work with tzt3

bobs88viking

I have a tzt2 9 inch flush mounted in the overhead which is my main unit. I have a tzt2 12 inch which is surface mounted using the table top mounting bracket but is removed at the end of the day. I also have a hub 101, dff1-uhd , bbwx3 and a rd33 display and a gp330b antenna. I am looking to add a tzt3 16 inch and a drs 12 or 25 nxt radar. The radar I would like to use splint screen on the 16 inch. Can the radar also be on the tzt2 12 inch Do we see any issues.
The tzt2 9 would still be my main unit. Also i want to mount the tzt3 16 hanging from my overhead using the table top mounting bracket but the instruction sat do not do that. I have no other location. I do think that bracket would have to be modified so it can’t fall out. Is the reason for mounting it hanging from an overhead the fact that it would fall if not secured properly. Last item is I have a fusion ra770 which am not sure if it’s compatible with both the tzt2 and tzt3. One more in the programing what is the {PGM} . I also have a fcv667 sounder is the transducer for that unit of any use on the tzt3 16 inch. I also have a mk2 96 mile radar with a 3 1/2 foot antenna

Thanks bob

I can answer some of your questions, I am sure someone else will be along to answer the rest. The TZT2 will play with the TZT3 on the same network as long as the TZT2 is on the V7 software. Any of the "networked" items, ie the radar, sounder, RA770 will function with both the TZT2 and TZT3.

I am in the process of finishing up a full TZT3 upgrade on my boat. Just installed the DRS25ANXT/6 radar today. All I have left at this point is to get the boat hauled and install my DFF3D and B275LHW transducers.

Hope some of this helps.

Bobby

Thanks Bobby for your input and you are correct. You install sounds like it is going to be sweet.

bobs88viking,
The FCV667 uses an 8 pin transducer. If it is still good, it is possible to get an 8 pin to 10 pin adaptor from Gemeco if they still sell them. You could then use the 10 pin to the provided 10 -12 pin adapter to connect the transducer to the TZT3. Normally a transducer that old would be better to replace it with one that has the correct connection. Older transducers wear with the older sounder and while working sometimes give up when connected to a new unit running full power. The Fusion would need to be on the Ethernet network for the TZT2/TZT3 to use it. It is okay to have it on the 2000 bus if needed for another reason but the TZT system will ignore it there. The bracket would need to be modified (or make your own) to hang the TZT16F. The reason Japan doesn't recommend this is due to vibrations that might be encountered on some boats when hung. If you have a good solid location where it won't get a ton of vibrations when pounding through the water, others have done it and it is possible. The older analog radar you have would not be usable on the TZT system. you could feed simple NMEA data from the TZT to the radar if needed but that is about it.

Thanks bob and John. Bob I am looking at the same radar and adding the 16 inch screen My boat is. 45 Viking convertible. Trying to decide on the 4 or 6 foot antenna. I know the 6 is better but just wondering if it will lt stupid on a 45 foot boat. How big is your boat. I usually deal with the GPS store in North Carolina
Bob

I put mine on a 46' Sportfish with a 15' beam (1987 Sea Ray 460 converible). Always thought the 4' looked small up there. I will try to get some pictures next weekend.

bobs88viking":nopde2fi said:
Thanks bob and John. Bob I am looking at the same radar and adding the 16 inch screen My boat is. 45 Viking convertible. Trying to decide on the 4 or 6 foot antenna. I know the 6 is better but just wondering if it will lt stupid on a 45 foot boat. How big is your boat. I usually deal with the GPS store in North Carolina
Bob

Bob,

This is the 6' array sitting on top of my 46'.

Attachments

• Resized_20210225_151934.jpeg
    Resized_20210225_151934.jpeg
    318.3 KB · Views: 549
  • Resized_20210225_151852.jpeg
    Resized_20210225_151852.jpeg
    851.6 KB · Views: 549
  • Resized_20210225_152006.jpeg
    Resized_20210225_152006.jpeg
    962.9 KB · Views: 549
Back