Waypoint import issue

gtrfred27

I am trying to import a CSV file into a new TzT3 12” unit.

When I plugged in the usb drive, it doesn’t find the CSV file. To make sure the formatting was correct, I added a manual waypoint and exported the data onto the usb drive.

I then tried to import user data again. This time it only sees the grp file and neither of the _wpt files (my original and the system generated export).

On the computer, I saw both the wpt and grp file the system exported. I deleted my wpt and tried to import that file. Same issue, the unit only sees the grp file.

What can I do to get the wpt file to be seen?

It always needs the group file with the WPT file both to import. Sounds like you are missing the group file for the points you exported. The NN3D should have exported them both. If you can't get it sorted, you might try sending the file to tech support and see if they can get the file to work using PC software.

When I exported from the TZT3, it exported a grp and wpt file. I then went to import the file back into the machine and it only shows the grp file, not the wpt file for selection to import.

Looking at the grp file on a computer, it does not have any details of the actual waypoints. How do I get the waypoints into the machine?

CSV file format is an old format designed for the NN3D system. The TZT, TZT2, TZT3 can import the CSV but due to changes and file limitations the older CSV file format should not be used as an export. Please use newer format like GPX, TZD, or TZX. GPX is considered a general exchange format if you are going to other branded products. CSV is a file format that is going to disappear soon and shouldn't be used for exporting except for older machines like the NN3D.

I don't know what you mean by "swap".
If you export in GPX it is just a single file export.
GRP files are a type of file in the CSV format and if not using CSV the GRP is irrelevant.

Back