Upgrade logistics from NN3D to TZT3

Mariner62

Hi,
I've been fairly happy with my Furuno system over the past 10 years, but the time to upgrade is approaching.
I have 2xMFD12's, Furuno radar, GPS, AIS, HUB and AP all from

I have spent a fair amount on purchasing CMAP and Navionics charts for European waters.

Questions:

1. If I upgrade to current generation Furuno kit, can I continue to use the charts I purchased with new TZT3 or TZT2 chart plotters?

2. Is there a simple upgrade path for the mechanical installation of a 12" TZT unit into a helm pod designed for NN3D MFD12? Pic attached.

It looks like like the chart table can use a TZT3 16" unit which is almost the same size as the NN3D MFD12.

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7724.JPG
    IMG_7724.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7725.JPG
    IMG_7725.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
Legally the chart licences belong to the system and would pass to the new owner of the equipment. The only exception would be if you own a version of the MaxSea/Nobeltec Time Zero software that has a cross licence agreement that would allow you to take them with you due to that agreement. The link from your NN3D and PC software would be broken and then the PC software would be linked to your new system. While it won't give you licence to the newest charts, it would give you access to all the older charts. If you don't have the PC software with the agreement, I would recommend you speaking to your Furuno Distributor in Europe where you are re-fitting. They might be willing to do something as part of the refit package. Furuno USA can not speak for them.

Back