TZTL15 and FA70 input

New screen

I have a new TZTL15 screen together with a new FA70 AIS Transponder. I can the FA70 on the Sensor list and have it programmed with my MMSI number. I can see everybody with an MMSI number, but my friends tell me that they can't see my name. Today I looked at my FA70 and it shows a red light beside the "Error".

Connections made: on top: VHF antenna, VHF radio, GPS antenna. on the bottom: NMEA2000 (new bus with TATL15 connected), PWR/NMEA1/Silent (power)

Some connection is not correct but I don't know which one.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much for the link. I have run the first test and everything comes out ok.
I do have an alert status "TX Malfuncion" code. The date is when we were underway with our boat.

I also noticed that the information about my boat is not showing up even though I have entered it all in the setup of the Screen.

And in the "IO Setup" screen i see that the heading input should come form a NMEA2000 bus, but I have my old auto pilot giving me the heading, but in fact it's not showing up on my new screen. I had asked before about that problem, but could not find a solution.

If you would like screen shots of my testing I can send that to you.
Thanks again. I hope I can resolve this as we are far from home by now, going down the Mississippi with our Carver.

I have been looking for some suggestions. Do I have to input all my ship data into the FA70?
Some connection is missing between the FA70 and the new screen, I assume. I have connected the BUS2000. Is there one or two more wires that I missed?
I thought I could resolve that myself, but if you think that I need a technician please tell me.
Thank you.

The FA70 output is on the NMEA2000 output. Connect the NMEA2000 connection to the NMEA2000 backbone. The TZTL15F should also be connected to the NMEA2000 backbone as well.
You have to set the SHIP STATIC settings before the unit will transmit. Make sure you hit SAVE or APPLY after you enter the SHIP STATIC information.
You don't have to have heading. Heading on the NMEA2000 buss allows you to overlay the AIS targets on the RADAR screen.

Wanted to thank you for your help. It took me a bit to figure out that I can't run that program on my phone or tablet, and then I had to get my desk top computer close enough to connect the FA70. But I did it!

Back