TZT3 and SeaKeeper Ride System

haggardscove

I just checked with Furuno customer service and was told a TZT3 would not interface with the SeaKeeper ride system. Interfacing would allow the system to be controlled through the MFD rather than a separate 3.5" X 4.5" stand alone unit. SeaKeeper said they were working with Furuno to make this happen. Is there any news on progress with this? The Ride system look like it will be well received (but expensive) by the boating public.

The TZT3 (and XL) support the large Seakeeper via HTML5 without the Seakeeper display. Seakeeper Ride is fairly new to market but it is being worked on. Our development guys were just talking with their engineers at the Miami boat show. While TZT3 v3.56 doesn't implement this compatibility, a future software upgrade will be implementing this integration.

I'm planning to install the Seakeeper ride system on my boat in about 4 weeks. Any chance that the update would be available in this timeframe? Can I be a beta customer :). Dont want to have go scrounge another MFD as a temporary band aid if at all possible.......

That would be great if possible. My email is in my profile so assume administrators have access. Happy to talk on the phone with someone as well. Just drop me an email and we can set it up.

I love Furuno. I do. But it always seems they play difficult with other parties and are late to the game. And are late to come on board. So far for me cmor maps, strike lines maps, navionics (navionics and garmin can be to blame here) and now seakeeper.

Also I have to pay 50% for cmor to work compared to my buddy with simrad. I’m now considering getting a small simrad with a sea sucker for convenience over my $20k furuno set up I payed for.

Furuno needs to do a better job with this stuff

DFS was offered to beta test the Seakeeper ride HTML5. (Declined due to them never adding the system to the boat) The feature will be available for XL. While we think it will also work for TZT3, it needs to be tested. If your in the USA and have SeaKeeper Ride with TZT3 and would like to be part of a test, let me know.

Johnny is correct that they reached out to me to test. I had to delay my purchase/installation of the Seakeeper Ride until later this year for unrelated reasons. I appreciated Furuno following up my post. When I am ready I will let them know.

DFS was offered to beta test the Seakeeper ride HTML5. (Declined due to them never adding the system to the boat) The feature will be available for XL. While we think it will also work for TZT3, it needs to be tested. If your in the USA and have SeaKeeper Ride with TZT3 and would like to be part of a test, let me know.
Hey Johnny, I currently have a TZT3, Nav Pilot 300 and SCX20 set up. I have a SeaKeeper Ride system scheduled for installation 6/8/24 in WA state. I would be happy to work with Furuno.

Not really trying to hijack this thread, but would like to see Zipwakes added to the mix and able to be controlled with the TZT3+ ecosystem. Only mentioning it as it is a similar self-adjusting trim system relating to the thread. Feel free to delete this comment if it is over-reaching. The seakeeper ride system is only good up to a 35' vessel. My smallest boat is 37' and the Zipwake's do a good job making them sit level while cruising.

Do you know if Zipwakes offer HTML5 support? That would be a requirement. If it does, we can start pushing the development guys.
I am not 100% on that. They just released this module: https://zipwake.com/integrator-module/ This appears to be an HTML based system now with the introduction of this module. I can dig into them more about this ability if needed, my local marina is one of the local reps/installers for their product now.

Back