TZT3-16 VERSUS DFF1-UHD CHIRP

sdonx

Furuno Fan
I have a NavNet3d MFDBB now with a DFF1-UHD/ B275HLW. I am adding a TZT3 16" MFD so I can get Fishmapping and eventually a DFF-3D.
My question is about the internal CHIRP on the MFD as compared to the UHD. Is it better, worse or the same?
Beside the fact I can have the FF screen on an Ipad with the MFD, is there any advantage to hooking my B275LHW transducer directly to the TZT3 MFD rather than the UHD?

You can see the UHD on the APP just as well as you can the internal sounder. The internal sounder is more flexible because it also supports fixed freq transducers like the 50/200 but when it comes to True Echo Chirp without the DI box; they are about the same. I believe with current software the UHD has a slight edge because it will provide BD when the TZT3 internal will not currently with that transducer. If you have a good working setup, I wouldn't change it. I would keep it the way it is and display the UHD on the TZT3. I am sure you know that you can't have the older NN3D on the network with the TZT3. I would recommend upgrading the UHD software to current if you haven't.

Thanks Johnny I didn't know I could network just the DFF-UHD with the NNTZ3. That gives me some more options now.

Back