Tzt3 & dff1-uhd

Igna_78

Hello! I'd like to know the difference between the integrated 1 kW TruEcho CHIRP ™ probe and the dff1-uhd module ?? Another question, in order to connect a 3kw transducer through DI-FFAMP, does the tzt3 allow to connect two tansductors (1kw and 3kw)? or is it necessary to connect the B265lh through enthernet with the dff1-uhd?

The internal sounder of the TZT3 is similar in performance as the DFF1-UHD except the TZT3 also offers the ability to run CW when the DFF1-UHD must always Chirp. In theory we should be able to use a 1KW and 3KW single freq transducers on the DI box but they would have to be setup properly. It is a good question because the DI box is rated as a 2kw and 3kw unit. I will verify that. The B265LH is a 1kw transducer so ideally it would connect directly to the TZT3 without the DI box. I think it is not currently possible due to software changes and Y cable needed but coming on the next software release.

the tz3 manual specifies connecting up to 1k transducer or DI-FFAMP module. if i connect DI-FFAMP box to a 2 / 3k transducer, how can i leave my old 265lh transducer connected ???

So I spoke with Product development guys. You can't run three freqs when the unit support two. In regards to using the B265LH, the best way is direct to the TZT3. The DI box is not needed. The B265LH is already supported and we sell versions with the 12 pin cable already connected. In your case using one from the UHD, you would need a 12 pin pigtail cable to wire it up. (pn TZ3-12P-PGT) If you have another complete 2/3kw transducer you want to run in addition, you would need a DI box to run that. If you have two TZT3 displays, one could run the B2265LH direct and the other could connect to the DI box on the other display. If you only have one TZT3, then it would be best to keep your UHD box as is and then run a DI box for the 2/3kw transducer.

Another option may be to run the 265 lh with uhd in timezero navigator and the 2/3 kW transducer tzt3. Can I see both transducers simultaneously? the 265lh on TimeZero and the 2/3 kw on tzt3? Another question, the fixed frequency cw is only for DI-FFAMP?

The TZT3 supports standard CW transducers and many of them via the provided 10p to 12p cable. Yes, the TZT3 can do CW 50/200 without the DI box. You cannot currently slew the CW without the DI box. You will have to talk to Nobeltec about TZ Navigator or TZT Pro and what it can do or not do. They have their own support and are the experts on their product(s).

I can’t find the pigtail 12pin female to bare wire that you mention, TZ3-12P-PGT. I have a 265LH transducer with bare wires (ex DFF1-UHD) and no way to connect to the TZ3. Does the pigtail it have another part number?

That is a Furuno USA number. If you are outside the USA, you should discuss directly with your local Furuno distributor.

Back