TZT2

WFUTCH

I have dual 12 inch TZT2 on my helm. I installed this equipment in march of this year. The right screen is turning off while offshore. The first time this happened it was after about 10 hours of fishing and occurred on the run back in. The same thing happened Friday and both times I was not able to get it to come back on till the following morning. The screen will turn off with the amber power light remaining lit. Friday evening I tried several troubleshooting steps that I found on this forum. This included turning the power off and on, disconnecting the NMEA network, disconnecting the Furuno network, and removing the chart card. The unit did not respond when attempted to turn on. The amber light remained lit. Decided to go offshore saturday morning, the unit would not turn on in the yard on the trailer. I gave it another shot when I launched the boat and the unit started up. It ran half the day and decided to cutoff. It then booted itself back up and would turn off 20-30 minutes later. It did this several times.

I have rewired the entire house load this off season in preparation of installing new furuno equipment. New house batteries, breakers, wiring, and fuse blocks. What could I try in addition to what has already been done?

Installed Furuno equipment:
2 x TZTL12F
DSR4D-NXT
DFF3D
PG-700

Thanks for the help,

I would recommend swapping the two units to see if the problem moves or the problem remains at that some location. This will help you identify if you have a bad power, ground, network cable, NMEA 2000 cable or whatever at that location. If the problem is always with this one display and the problem moves with the swap, then it might need to visit our service center to be evaluated. It is much more likely that it is something on the boat than a unit so new. Is this a 24v boat or a 12v boat?

Thanks for the reply Johnny. This is a 12V boat. The units share the same house battery setup using a blue seas fuse block. Batteries are new as well as wirring. I was thinking it could be overheating but it not starting up the following morning kinda ruled that out for me as well as the other unit is not experiencing any issues. The unit would not start up without anything connected to it besides power. At the time, no other components were powered up on the boat. Would you still consider swapping places with the good unit on this information?

Thank you

Back