TZT2 connection issue with DFF1

rightflat10

I recently upgraded from a VX2 to TZT2. I have an existing thru hull transducer, which is a Furuno CA50-200-12M, that was connectedto the old VX2 via a DFF1. I believe that I am having a connection issue with the TZT2 and DFF1. I only see the TZT2 in the sounder initial set up menu as the fish finder source. The DFF1 doesn't appear as an fish finder source option or show up on the sensors list. I have the DFF1 and the new radar routed through a network hub. The radar (DRS6AX) does show up on the sensors list and appears to be working correctly.

The DFF1 mode switches are set up as follows.
1. On
2. Off
3. Off
4. On

I was attempting to run the existing transducer through the existing DFF1 due to transducer compatibility. The Furuno transducer matrix indicates that my transducer is compatible with the DFF1 and isn't compatible with the TZT2. Can anyone provide any suggestions or troubleshooting options?

The transducer is not connected to a MB1100. The existing VX2 system didn't utilize a matching box. The existing transducer was connected to the DFF1 and the DFF1 was connected directly to the VX2. Does the matching box replace or supplement the existing DFF1?

Are you sure you have a DFF1 and not a DFF3? For a DFF1 to use that transducer, you would need an MB1100, so something isn't making sense.

I am more certain that I have a DFF1 than the CA50-200-12M. The existing transducer has a 10 pin Furuno connection without a matching box. The existing transducer was connected directly to the DFF1 transducer connection port and then connected to the old VX2.

The existing (potentially unknown) transducer is 7" long point to point, 4.25" wide and has a thru hull stem 1.125" in diameter. It is shaped like the CA50-200M-12M. It has a metal outer ring with a black (urethane?) center that is pocket mounted in the hull. The tag on the cord is not legible. Can you provide any ideas on the type of transducer that is currently installed? Can the transducer be identified a different way?

The existing transducer has been connected directly to the TZTL12F and run in the manual mode with disappointing results. The transducer performed better connected the VX2 via the DFF1.

I suspect you have a B260 transducer. There should be a white milar label wrapped around the cable about 12 inches from the 10 pin connection. It should show an Airmar part number. Can you find this label?

I will check for a label when I get back to the boat.

I am still having the issues connecting the DFF1 to the TZT2. I only see the TZT2 in the sounder initial set up menu as the fish finder source. The DFF1 doesn't appear as an fish finder source option or show up on the sensors list. I attempted to connect the DFF1 through a network hub to the TZT2. Can the DFF1 be connected to the TZT2 via a network hub?

Your DFF1 might require a software update. Yes you can connect the DFF1 using a hub if you wish. What does the status light on the DFF1 do after 4 mins of being powered on?

Your question about a hub, suggests that you tried to connect the DFF1 directly to the TZt2 MFD. For a point to pint connection you need a different ethernet cable, called a cross-over cable. This is a different cable than the usual one used to connect a client to a hub.

Back