TIMEZERO Fishing Chart

Pelagic Fisher

Hi all

I am wondering if the fishing (bathy) chart download available on the TZ website would be as detailed as using a DFF3D? I currently use a DFF3D to map the ocean floor, i am curious to know if there are detailed charts available that i could download to save on spending hours mapping my Lobster fishing grounds?

Thanks

/Depending upon the area, you may find that the C-Mor bathymetric charts have detail that is close to what you record with the DFF-3D. They are quite expensive at $700 per region. I think if you contact them, they will send you a small sample for a specific area that you can check out to see whether you think it will be worth it to you and do what you want. This is a link to their website:

Hi all

I am wondering if the fishing (bathy) chart download available on the TZ website would be as detailed as using a DFF3D? I currently use a DFF3D to map the ocean floor, i am curious to know if there are detailed charts available that i could download to save on spending hours mapping my Lobster fishing grounds?

Thanks
While not a direct Furuno product, TimeZero is a sister company, so for more up to date information you may need to check with them directly. Just a few months ago they did announce some new charts with fantastic bathy data for their iBoat app that currently works on iPhone and iPad.

/Depending upon the area, you may find that the C-Mor bathymetric charts have detail that is close to what you record with the DFF-3D. They are quite expensive at $700 per region. I think if you contact them, they will send you a small sample for a specific area that you can check out to see whether you think it will be worth it to you and do what you want. This is a link to their website:

Thanks Quitsa, I'll check them out!

While not a direct Furuno product, TimeZero is a sister company, so for more up to date information you may need to check with them directly. Just a few months ago they did announce some new charts with fantastic bathy data for their iBoat app that currently works on iPhone and iPad.
Thanks for the reply Ackbar. Yes i did see that which is what made me ask, i'll try to contact them and see if those maps are available for TZ Pro. They are hard to get in contact with in Australia. Cheers

Thanks for the reply Ackbar. Yes i did see that which is what made me ask, i'll try to contact them and see if those maps are available for TZ Pro. They are hard to get in contact with in Australia. Cheers

Greetings Palagic Fisher, Maxsea/Nobeltech are the primary resources for tech support, but I checked in with our branch in North America and can tell you that the new maps for Australia are available now with Timezero v.5, but not for prior versions. You can purchase the subscription from within the program now or where you typically purchase Timezero software.

Hope this helps,

- Maggy

Greetings Palagic Fisher, Maxsea/Nobeltech are the primary resources for tech support, but I checked in with our branch in North America and can tell you that the new maps for Australia are available now with Timezero v.5, but not for prior versions. You can purchase the subscription from within the program now or where you typically purchase Timezero software.

Hope this helps,

- Maggy
Awesome, i didn't know there was a v.5 available...

Thanks Maggy!

Back