Sensor Update with TZT2

MarMax

Furuno Super Fan
For some reason I had thought that upgrading my system to 6.23 would have also updated the network sensors but that must not be the case. So I downloaded the sensor update software and installed it yesterday.

Based on the sensors available to select only the DFF1, DRS-RADOME and IF-NMEA2K2 required an update. I would like to confirm that the remaining sensors are at the correct versions.

Here is the status of the sensors after the update.

SensorListTZT2_03212020s.jpg

I'm asking because the information at

https://www.furuno.com/en/support/uploader/history_navnetsensor

does not match for the DRS-RADOME (DRS4D) where it says 1.18 is the LATEST, yet the version is 19.03.03.02. Also there is nothing about the latest version for the PG-700, yet in the "how to update network sensor" document it shows the PG-700 at 1.02.02.03 and mine is at 1.02.02.02. When I ran the update the PG-700 was not a choice.

The 6.23 update (note 6.26 is the newest version) is only for the TZT2 itself. If you want to check most of the sensors, you would want to run the Network Sensor update. The easiest place to point you for that right now is http://www.Furuno.com - Support - Software download. The English Japanese site has the full sensor update software. Here in the USA we normally break that software down into smaller parts for each individual items. Do you have a DRS4D or a DRS4D-NXT because they are different software.

Johnny, that is the site I used to downloaded the network sensor update software. My radar is a DRS4D. And do I need to update to 6.26 if I don't have a TZT2BB?

The image above shows the sensor versions post the update. And my comments reflect what appears to be different between the update and the information on the web site. Mainly the DRS4D version and if the PG-700 is at the latest version.

I did restart after the software update and I now have a "Bird Mode" selection option on the DRS4D which was not there before so it seems like it was updated, just not to 1.18.

It wouldn't hurt anything to go on 6.26 and be on the latest.

If you have the "all sensors update" plugged in and run the update network equipment again and don't see anything pop up, you have the latest software version for all the sensors on your system.

Thanks kicker, and as you suggest, I've installed 6.26 and also ran the network sensor update again. I'm not sure what you mean by not having anything pop up because the sensors appear in a list with check boxes next to them.

The result is it lists all the same sensors and it looks like the columns for "Current prog#" and "Prog# in Storage Device" are the same except for the leading or trailing asterisks. So can I assume that I'm current on everything?

The program numbers don't match up with the website as I mentioned before but that's probably just because the website is not current. For example the 1.18 for the DRS versus the 19.03.03.02.

Can you run the "update network equipment" page again and take a picture of the list and post it here?

Here is a pic of the list FYI. Would be nice if the site sized to fit but you'll have to open in a new tab to see it all.

SensorStatusList_03232020s.jpg

All your sensors are up to date. If the TZT2 senses those units needed updates, it would put a check mark under the "update" category on the left side of each sensor.

Looking at the program numbers too, you are good.

Back