RDP 139 to Raymarine EVO 200 pilot

A

Anonymous

I have a navnet1 system comprised of a 10.4" and a 7" at my helm, and a 10.4" at my rear helm station. I recently installed a Raymarine evo 200 pilot as it was given to me. Right now it is independent from my navnet system. It is basically a point and shoot scenario right now. Can they talk? Can I take heading data from it to make my radar overlay work? Can it steer to waypoints on my screen? How would I begin to wire this? I realize these are really 2 different animals but just curious. Thanks from another very satisfied Furuno user! :furuno

The EVO appears to be a NMEA 2000 autopilot. Your NavNet 1 system supports the NMEA 0183 standard. It should just be a matter of adding a Furuno IF-NMEA2k2 (2000 to 0183 interface) to your Raymarine network and then wiring it up to one of your NavNet displays. The NMEA heading data from the pilot (via the interface) would need to be wired into the dedicated heading port where your radar connects. The NMEA output (Steering instructions) of the NavNet would be wired to the interface to make its way to the pilot. It can be done and would offer you the benefit of both driving a route to the pilot while allowing the radar overlay feature on the NavNet.

So, in essence this needs to hook up to my 7" display as it is the machine cabled to the radar. I read a previous post about a Raymarine s1000 pilot on here, and it mentioned 2 6 pin cables. One for heading data in, and the other for steering instructions out. Because of the 2k converter this is not necessary?

You will still need NMEA cables for the NavNet if you don't have them. The heading cable (000-154-054) to bring in the heading and then the NMEA output cable. The NMEA output will depend on what you have open/available. If the data port one is open on the 7" you can drive the pilot using that port. (using 7 pin NMEA cable 000-154-028).

One more question. Do I need a converter for each cable, or do both tie into the same one?

[/img]So I have acquired all the parts. Can you help with what colors to what colors etc, and any settings that need to be changed or enabled. Going to work on it Saturday!

Parts: furuno converter
6 pin black cable
7 pin white cable

I am guessing your GPS is connected on another unit on the network.
As I previously said
The NMEA output will depend on what you have open/available.

Below is how the wiring would be.
7nn1.jpg

Correct. It is connected to the 10.4 inch at the helm. Thanks a lot for all of your help!

Johnny-
I hooked everything up as described in your last post. The heading data shows up on top of the radar screen and the overlay work as they should but then freezes in overlay mode meaning the heading data locks up. The chart rotates as it should, and the radar continues working, but the radar overlay does not turn. If I power off the 7" which is hooked to the radar, and power it up again, heading data starts working as it should. The second you hit transmit, the heading locks up again. Any ideas? Thanks

It sounds like you have a data loop or heading turned on over the network (which typically isn't allowed). Is the 6 pin heading cable going direct to the display that has the radar connected? This is normally where you want heading connected.

Back