Need help updating Furuno unit pls?

M

MadMax

Good day all,

I need a lil help updating my Furuno u it n was sent here to ask u guys.

I recently bought a boat that has a Furuno combo unit (radar, chart plotter, sonar/Fish finder).
Everything works but I have a very hard time seeing the screen on bright sunny days, especially with shades on. If possible what I’d like to do is update the unit to a new one but still use my same radar n transducer. Problem is I don’t know if this is even possible n I don’t have any info on the unit it self or the radar. The transducer is an Airmar B164. I’ll add some pics n Mayb someone will know which unit n radar I have now n if what I’m wanting to do is even possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!

MadMax-
First off let me apologize for deleting your post of yesterday while trying to move it to a more appropriate category. It wasn't intentional. :D

Furuno has made network systems since 2001 and there have been a number of improvements and technological changes to the various peripherals like sounder, radar, etc. The MFD models ranged from Navnet to Navnet vx2, to Navnet 3D, and TZT or TZT2.

If you could post a picture of the unit or a part number from the rear we can advise from there. The good news is your transducer should be compatible.

Good day Melville,

No worries on the deleted message n apologize accepted.

I tried to post a few pics along with the original message but I guess I either did something wrong or they just didn’t load?
I’ll try again n if I can’t get them to load I’ll get the info from the back of the unit n post it here later today

MadMax-
I see you were able to load the pictures. You have a Navnet vx2 system. When that model was discontinued we introduced a new technology with our radars. They became digital sensors running on Ethernet instead of a traditional signal cable.
That said there is very little from your system that is usable for a system upgrade. The sounder transducer can stay and possibly the sounder module if needed, but the radar and signal cable will need to be replaced.

Good morning Melville,

Thank u so much for your reply n info.
I was hoping not to have to change out the entire system but it sounds like that’s what I’ll have to do. I will check on my options n c what fits my needs best.

Thank u again so much n have a blessed day!!

Mad max, do you still have your gps and radar or have you gotten rid of it already and got yourself an upgrade? I recently bought a bunch of older stuff and am always on the lookout for a deal if it means I can afford to work less and sail more. Let me know... Thanks, Morris

Give me a shout if you haven’t upgraded yet. I’ll help you with the install or something else in trade for your old unit? -Morris 4156665541

Back