Navpilot 300 Blowing Fuses

Hemlock_SF

My Navpilot 300 has been steadily getting worse at blowing fuses. My unit has been installed over 2 years now and the last 6 months it has been blowing fuses occasionally at first and now it blows As soon as I try and engage the autopilot with the boat just going straight. It is hooked up to an older raymarine pump that came with the boat and I will be down there this weekend to get the pump specs and take a look at the wiring. If anybody has some suggestions I sure would appreciate it.

FYI, I preciously used 5amp fuses and I am now using 7.5amp fuses and still blowing

You can go as high as 15amp fuse if that blows you need to really look at that pump for replacement.

For the fuse on the power input to the processor, we normally recommend 20A for Octopus pumps and 30A for Accu-Steer pumps, but here's the spec:
1712322291943.png

I don't know the specs for the the Raymarine pump, but might go by the Accu-Steer recommendation for that...30A.

FYI...The internal fuse inside the processor is a FGMB 2A fuse.

Last edited:
If running a pump too big for the pilot or one that pulls more current than allowed, it will blow the fuses, but if continued to be allowed to do so it will end up damaging the pilot. (Blown FETS at minimum).

This is great info guys! I will start with the model # on the pump and find out what the draw is and try the 20amp fuse.

Thank you!

Back