Fishhunter: RRU needed for new DF300APXX w/ SCX-20 & NavPilot 300?

Heard back from the mechanic that they used the wrong “harness”…so a new one was ordered and should be in later this wk. plan is to install it on Friday…stay tuned.
Friday was painful…as they say “two steps forward, one back..”

We ran into the issue of the new harness/gateway not being programmed correctly, which can only be done by a SMD device.

I told my mechanic to reach out to Suzuki to figure out how to get it programmed and I expect to hear something later this week.

the painful part was my brand new engines throwing an “engine 3” overheat message and going into some weird shake/shutdown mode for what I was told was a “Fantom” error being thrown due to the lack of programming as I only have 2 engines configured.

I would not recommend anyone else try this…yet…I am pointing the finger at Suzuki at the moment.

stay tuned for the next update..

Thanks for the update. I am sure Suzuki will get it figured out. It is possible if they have put a gateway in without configuring it that you might get some false errors. Let's hope it is false anyways.

Mechanic said he got everything installed and it works!!!

going to do some QA testing tomorrow—wish us luck and stay tuned!

Awesome, Good news. Great Job!
It works!!! Not flawlessly, but pretty damn good!

Looks like my mechanic did not permanently install any SMG4 or SMD7 gauges, and just left one old SMIS gauge in the system for some reason? So an SMD is just needed to program the new gateways one time.

The “spot lock“ feels like sabiki mode 2.0, in that it’s sabiki mode plus throttle control and better steering. Where sabiki mode 1.0 used to fail due to lack of throttle control, this now will work to keep you in your “spot” unless you are perpendicular to serious wind/current.

As an internationally certified systems engineer (INCOSE), I can tell you I am very impressed! Kudos to the engineers and architects that implemented this system! I am very confident that version 3.0 will be “spot on”.

Attachments

• IMG_1838.png
    IMG_1838.png
    819.1 KB · Views: 7
It works!!! Not flawlessly, but pretty damn good!

Looks like my mechanic did not permanently install any SMG4 or SMD7 gauges, and just left one old SMIS gauge in the system for some reason? So an SMD is just needed to program the new gateways one time.

The “spot lock“ feels like sabiki mode 2.0, in that it’s sabiki mode plus throttle control and better steering. Where sabiki mode 1.0 used to fail due to lack of throttle control, this now will work to keep you in your “spot” unless you are perpendicular to serious wind/current.

As an internationally certified systems engineer (INCOSE), I can tell you I am very impressed! Kudos to the engineers and architects that implemented this system! I am very confident that version 3.0 will be “spot on”.
Well darn..turns out the mechanic stuffed the SMD7 in a birds nest inside my consul where I didn’t see it.

I reached out to Suzuki to see if I can just disconnect it, now that the “gateway is programmed”, but haven’t heard back from them yet.

I disconnected it and will be testing it out as well as soon as I hear back from Suzuki and my props get back from sharrow.

boy this fun!! 😂

Got this reply from Suzuki..guess we’ll find out who is right in a couple of weeks. Btw, my $$$ is on you guys…not Suzuki..

p.s. this is who Suzuki sent me to for an answer after 4 calls and 2 emails 😂🤷🏻‍♂️🤦‍♂️

“Good afternoon,

Thank you for reaching out.

SMG4 gauge is the gauge most commonly being used for this application. Did your mechanic have the correct harness for the gauges? If not, that may be where the communication error occurred in the initial setup with the SMG gauges.

Yes, gauges would be tied into network to pull data onto the Furuno system. They would be required to be permanently installed. Same with the SMD display you already have in the network.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,
Sydnie
Precision Marine
9075 130th Ave. North
Largo, FL 33773
727-518-2151

Last edited:
Got this reply from Suzuki..guess we’ll find out who is right in a couple of weeks. Btw, my $$$ is on you guys…not Suzuki..

p.s. this is who Suzuki sent me to for an answer after 4 calls and 2 emails 😂🤷🏻‍♂️🤦‍♂️

“Good afternoon,

Thank you for reaching out.

SMG4 gauge is the gauge most commonly being used for this application. Did your mechanic have the correct harness for the gauges? If not, that may be where the communication error occurred in the initial setup with the SMG gauges.

Yes, gauges would be tied into network to pull data onto the Furuno system. They would be required to be permanently installed. Same with the SMD display you already have in the network.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,
Sydnie
Precision Marine
9075 130th Ave. North
Largo, FL 33773
727-518-2151

you guys already knew this, but you were RIGHT and Suzuki was WRONG…again.

i called up Suzuki custie service and waiting to find out what they want me to do w/ my $2000 paper weight (Aka SMD7).

Back