Navnet 3D Chartplotter VERY slow to update.....anything I might do?

Tom Stewart

New boat and I have a "new to me" Navnet 3D system.
My previous boat had the Navnet vx2 system. I ONLY used the radar and sonar on this system. The chartplotter was only used for backup.

I fish bottom structure that is mostly wrecks, valve systems, hard spots, etc. It is impossible to locate my spots due to the lag or slowness of the chartplotter to catch up so-to-speak.....

I have recently installed new vector charts that I purchased....

Is there anything that I can do to speed the system up? I don't need the satellite or anything other than the vector/raster charts. Would it speed things up if all of the satellite data and other data was deleted?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

It sounds like the NN3D has a problem. Unlike the Vx2 where charting has a redraw, the NN3D has time zero technology and under the boat you should never lose mapping. While you might see some rendering at the edges, you shouldn't lose charting under the boat unless mapping doesn't exist. I would recommend talking to tech support to ensure you don't have any data loops or other issues slowing down your plotter.

It sounds like the NN3D has a problem. Unlike the Vx2 where charting has a redraw, the NN3D has time zero technology and under the boat you should never lose mapping. While you might see some rendering at the edges, you shouldn't lose charting under the boat unless mapping doesn't exist. I would recommend talking to tech support to ensure you don't have any data loops or other issues slowing down your plotter.
Thank you....I'll call them next time I head down to the boat.

Back