NavNet 3D chart update

SkullFishNChips

I recently purchased a boat with a NAVNet 3D system on it. I have 2, 12s, and an 8 with Radar and other networked components. I went to the Furuno USA site to download updated charts but found none. Where do I get them now?

I believe that my charts are about 2 years old. How can I check if there is a new update, AND if there is an update how do I get them?
Thanks!

If your charts are two years old, there is a newer version as MapMedia provided an update every year. They are downloaded using the link information shown right before your post.

Thanks for the reply. Is there a version number for these charts or update DATE?
Also, if I already have the chart, do I need to purchase it again or is there free update period?

The last two digits of the chart number shows the version but the center column of your chart catalog of the machine also shows the version number. When you check the download site on a particular chart you can always look at the last two digits to compare your version to what is going to be downloaded. If it is a purchase chart, you would be required to purchase an "Upgrade" from you dealer to run newer versions of any purchase chart. Upgrades (no matter how many versions old) are normally half price compared to a new licence purchase.

Sort of related to the above. I hope this is not hijacking the thread...

If one updates their TimeZero Charts, (Canadian Charts cost a significant upgrade fee) will these be transferred to a networked TZT2 MFD or do you have to load these onto the MFD manually?

Can we use the upgraded TZ charts or do the MFD charts need to be purchased separately?

With the 8.01 software update, can the charts be updated over WiFi?

-Evan

The TZT/2/3 have a chart card. Any charts used MUST be on that card. Charts are not used over the network. If the version of Nobeltec TZ has the cross licence agreement, they can link your TZ licence to your SystemID without cost. When that happens, it will cut you the same version codes for your NavNet system. You should contact TZ support with your TZ licence and your System ID from your NavNet to see if they can be linked. If so, the same charts you purchased will get free codes for your Navnet. Regardless of the codes, you must have that map on your chart card to unlock and use it.

The website folks said that it is a known Google Chrome issue. The browser disallows downloads of files that are linked outside the host website. Because these are hosted by mapmedia you would need to use a different browser like Safari and the link will work just fine. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it. Please visit the site with a different browser to download the file if needed.

Back