Just installed First Watch

T

Tazling

Hi all, I have finally installed the 1st Watch Furuno radar I bought a couple of years ago. It has been carefully stored and checks out OK. WiFi signal loud and clear on a 32 foot boat, app works OK. Hard to say, at the dock, how good the radar image is (too many other boats and gas dock and similar clutter around me). I will take it out soon for a test drive.

It is mounted about 8 ft above deck level so I don't expect super range, but it should be good enough for creeping around in thick fog on the Central Coast of BC. Am hoping the rig doesn't block too much of the view ahead :) 6 miles would be good enough for me.

I do have one question about the app. I went through all the menus of course, and found just one menu that I could not access: in Settings, there's a menu item called "Installation Settings" I think, and when I tried to access it, it asked me for a password. I never set any passwords... so I tried my WiFi password for grins, but that didn't work.

Is there a factory default password? if not, then what is this menu item for?

I look forward to upgrading TimeZero with the 1st Watch overlay feature. Very fond of TimeZero now, it has displaced Navionics which I used to use.

This information is normally provided by your local distributor technical support upon request. It is not common knowledge information. I will PM you the password.

Back