Is This a Transducer Problem ?

A

Anonymous

These pictures were taken in low frequency, fishing mode, in the slip. The sounder module (DFF1), was sent to Furuno. They said it was working fine and updated the software. Could this be a transducer problem or is there somewhere else I can check? We have the 525-STID-MSD transducer. The boat/electronics are 2005. Thank you for any input !!

Attachments

• IMG_1399.JPG
    IMG_1399.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 1,195
  • IMG_1401.JPG
    IMG_1401.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,195
Grady282,
Thanks for the screen shots. There are only two pieces to this puzzle, either the DFF1 or the transducer. Since we tested the DFF1 and you still have the same issue was a different DFF1 or transducer tried on the vessel? If you want we can take another look at the DFF1.

Snips

Snips,

Thank you for your response. This is the same DFF1 that was checked and returned by Furuno. After re-installing the module, the tech ran more tests and concluded it was the transducer.....but said it would still be wise to send the module back to Furuno to double check the sounder again. That's why it's murky for me. The electronics people I speak with all tell me when a transducer goes, it goes out completely. The intermittent and weak reading I get aren't transducer type symptoms. BUT, if that is true, then the sounder would be the issue and Furuno just confirmed it was working properly and updated the software. I'm already $540 deep from removing the sounder and sending it to Furuno in the first place. So it's either pay another chunk of change to do it again, or pay a grand to have the transducer replaced or possibly end up doing BOTH.

That's why I'm here seeking some knowledge that will help me chose the most cost efficient approach.

Thanks for your input......

Grady282,
Depending on the transducer they can become weak plus do strange things. I was on a vessel two weeks ago that had a tri-ducer that was really weak. We tried another over the side and it was like night and day. But send the DFF1 back and we can take another look.

Snips

Will do...

Where should I send it and how do I associate it to our conversation?

Thank You,
Steve

Grady282,
Please send it back though the dealer (LBM) you used the first time.

Snips

Back