Help if possible tzt14 and tz pro v4 pc

M44rkw

My system comprises of a fanless pc running tzv4pro connected to a dlink 5 port 10/100/100 switch which has a Dff1 an fa30 ais and a psu 12 connected to a drs4 radar
An Actisense ngx1 usb connects upto a point 1 gps puck with built in heading sensor
Now when I installed it all everything seemed to work all ok then I acquired a TZT 14 and is connected to the switch and also an NMEA 2000 connection to bus (the radar has its own nmea2kcan bus connection to another gps puck with built in heading sensor separate from the other bus as per furunos connection guides as it bridges the can bus with the net cable Ok problems have arisen now whereby the sounder just switches off for no reason when everything is on and a disconnection alarm sounds on the tzt14 then sometimes the tzt14 goes blank screen and then shuts down
Now I’m using standard rj45 fly leads to all the instruments wired by the cat5 wiring to plugs and all worked okay till I added tzt14 wiring plugs as follows
1 wh/or
2 orange
3 wh/grn
4 blue
5 wh/ bl
6 grn
7 wh/brn
8 brn
Prices for furuno cables seem extortionate especially since I’m a systems engineer and have an abundance of cable and plugs so I can make up my own cables

The big question is
Are furunos cables wired differently I’ve been digging thru diagrams and noticed some weird pin outs etc
Please can anyone help give me info on which wiring it should be

I am 99% sure Furuno is different. At least the color coding.
It is some years since I worked with it but my notes are attached.
I had to crimp a new RJ45 on an existing Furuno cable because the old was damaged.

Attachments

• IMG_2024-04-18-154513.jpg
    IMG_2024-04-18-154513.jpg
    945.2 KB · Views: 4
Furuno cables are wired as any normal network cables but as a crossover. It really doesn't matter if wired as a straight or a crossover because the newer systems after Vx2 uses auto sensing ports. The important part is the speed rating (Cat5e or faster) and that it be shielded with Metal RJ45 connectors. Nothing drives me more crazy than seeing plastic RJ45 and unshielded cables on a boat network. Those who do that, bring the grief upon themselves. It's cool to make own cables just make them well with quality materials.

Thanks guys I was awake early this morning and searched the internet and found correct installation manuals for all the equipment indeed it shows cross over cables being used in one or two of the connections between items mainly being the radar conxs so I will change those to rule out any comms issue albeit everything works till I added in the tzt14

TZT series one is a bit older and the software supports TZ Pro integration up to v3. After that they changed the software in TZ Pro and they don't offer the same integration level unless running newer versions of TZT2 or TZT3. While the TZT14 should be able to work on the network with newer TZ Pro PCs, you might want to talk to Nobel tech as they know their product best.

Back