Furuno GP-7000NT CMAP NT+MAX Charts not loading

richard1572

I have an old GP-7000NT unit and it works great so I thought I picked up some CMAP NT+ MAX charts that were on clearance at West Marine. When I boot up the plotter with the chart inserted in the SD card slot it doesn't seem to be detected. I put the card in my SD slot in my PC and it definitely has data but the Furuno doesn't see it. I know the card is much newer than the unit so I'm wondering is there a maximum card size that old unit can read. The NT card is 1 gig but the charts are only taking up around 200Mg on the card.

The machine if up to date with software supports up to 2GB. My first guess is the unit you have has older software. What is the software version in the machine?

Thanks Johnny,

My versions are:

Plotter SW version: 1451722-01. 02
SW Development No: 1.00.02 R
Kernel: 1.02.62 B
NTSL: 5.00.36 R
BIOS: 1.01.17
File System: 3.00.06 R
Worldwide Base Maps: 1.30

So I took 2 seconds and looked on the Furuno page and found the newer software. Downloaded it, updated the unit and the maps now load fine. Thanks for your help. I'm so stupid, I don't know why I didn't do that before asking the question. I'm an IT guy and should know better, especially with something that old.

Back