Furuno GP 1870F Speed and Temp issue

julius1

Hello all, I recently upgraded from my Furuno 582L to the Furuno GP1870 F. I had used my 582L for many years and it served me well and was very user-friendly. I decided to upgrade seeing that there was a screen out there that was easier to view and also for newer technology and software. I purchased the Furuno GP 1870F being very confident it would address all my wants and needs. On my first trip out right off the bat I realized this little thing was a powerhouse. I also realize it will take me some time to fully understand all the capabilities of this unit. So for my first post on this forum the very first thing I need help with is the speed and temperature readings while under the fishfinder screen. Can someone help me in finding out what I need to do to get my speed and temperature reading to show while I'm in fishfinder mode? When I had my 582L I never had this problem. These 2 readings automatically displayed on screen. Also I chose to stick with my 525 STID transducer understanding that it was compatible with my new unit. At this point I don't know if it's something I need to configure with my new unit or if I need to switch to another transducer which will display the speed and temperature readings while under fishfinder mode. I am a commercial salmon fishermen and it's very important to me to know how fast I'm going and how cold the water is. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Julius1,
Displaying the information you want will be a two step process. I first you will need to select the source of the information, please refer to section 10-5 in the operation manual. After you selected the source it can be displayed in a Data Box (section 1-10).
Hope this helps.

Snips

Back