FA50 Silent still transmitting

Shadow

Good day,

I just tried to connect the Purple and Grey wires together to silent my FA50 but the LED still turns BLUE every 3 minutes, and the boat next to me still see the AIS data updating.

Does the Silent functionality need to be enabled via Softare before can be used? how?

Thank you.

You performed the correct process. Did you keep the purple and grey wires connected?
You can verify the status is changed in the menu:
1686572538808.png

Good day,

I just tried to connect the Purple and Grey wires together to silent my FA50 but the LED still turns BLUE every 3 minutes, and the boat next to me still see the AIS data updating.

Does the Silent functionality need to be enabled via Softare before can be used? how?

Thank you.
How old is this FA50? I just remembered that the early units required a software and hardware modification to enable the use of silent mode.

If you want to send in your serial number and reference this post we can confirm this for you.

Thank you.
I don't have the Silent menu on screen, not sure if this is changed after the GPS Rollover update or was always like that.

I attach the unit's Label.

20220523_084455.jpeg

If you have the gary and purple wires in the harness you have the newer type of hardware. The unit should be updated with the newest software to bypass the last rollover. As Fishtech says, you will want to check that software setting because that is most likely the issue with no going into silent mode.

Ok. How do I get to the Silent page on the software? Is not on the TOP MENU as stated on the manual or screenshot from Fishtech

Can you post a photo of your menu? It should be next to the bottom option of service.

Back