Data Transfer RDP139

sanitja

Good morning, I have some questions.
I can download data but I can't upload it, I'll explain how I do it.
Software used and with which I can download data

1703938966980.jpg

Then with the write ozi option I create a txt file.
I delete all waypoints from RDP139.
Then with the read GP30 option I recover the data again (txt file created previously) and choose the send GP30 option and it does nothing,delete existing waypoints and the following message appears on the RDP139 screen
1703938966992.jpg
"loading now from pc" It stays like this until I stop loading.
I use a Furuno MJ-A7SPF0007-050C cable
And I have the RS232 connector like this.
1703939889593.jpg
Can anybody help me? Any alternative software?
Thank you so much and Happy New Year

Happy New Year.
When dealing with RS232 data transfer you must consider not only the data but the error correction and flow control both directions. This means pins 4-6 and 7-8 on a DB9 must be looped back (connected). You have 7-8 connected (good) but why not 4-6? With RS232 there is a SD (Send data), RD (receive data) and Signal ground(SG). On a DB9 this means using Pin 2 (RD), Pin 3 (SD) and Pin 5 (SG). Normally the shield wire of a cable is FG (Frame Ground) not Signal ground. If that wiring is from a GP30, then it is wrong as the BLUE wire from the GP30 (SG) should be on pin 5 of the DB9. The RS232 send data (SD) of the GP30 is a YELLOW wire and should go to the receive of the DB9 side (Pin 2) and it seems to be cut back and not even used. It appears that the cable is miswired to the DB9 based on the provided photo.

Good morning Johnny, sorry for not answering sooner, your instructions were correct, the problem was my USB to RS232 connector that didn't work, I bought another one and everything was perfect and I can download and upload data.

Regards

Good morning Johnny, another question, the ship's heading line is sometimes below areas of the chart, how can I solve this?

1709972222203.png

1709972309631.png

Regards

That doesn't look like a heading line. I don't even see the boat Icon. That looks like a track that based on the depth stopped tracking in an area.

Back