Cloud Synch

Quitsa

Furuno Super Fan
My unit only synchs if I log out and log back in regardless of it being connected to the internet. I have tried using the "Force synch" under the Synchonization Log menu, which does not seem to result in a synchronization. If I then log out of my TZ Cloud account and log back in, the unit will synch up immediately.

Is there something I need to do in settings to ensure that the TZT 3 units stay synched with the TZ Cloud?

What is it that you are trying to sync on the TZT3?

What is the WIFI connection you are using?

My experience is if you were to plot a route or waypoint on the TZ iBoat APP and you are connected to the internet on both units, the point or route will appear on the TZT3 within a matter of seconds. Nothing special needs to be done on the TZT3 except to be signed into your TimeZero account.

kicker":xcsnk8yn said:
What is it that you are trying to sync on the TZT3?

What is the WIFI connection you are using?

My experience is if you were to plot a route or waypoint on the TZ iBoat APP and you are connected to the internet on both units, the point or route will appear on the TZT3 within a matter of seconds. Nothing special needs to be done on the TZT3 except to be signed into your TimeZero account.

The synch is supposed to be two way and I have seen it work but only if I log the MFD out of the Cloud account and log back in. For example, I can add waypoints and routes or edit existing ones on my iPad TZ iboat app or on my laptop logged in to the TZ Cloud website. The only way they will appear on the MFD is if I force a synch by logging out. Then when I log back in, the changes will be downloaded to the MFD. Same thing in reverse happens. If I add waypoints on the MFD, they will not be uploaded to the Cloud and be visible on the iPad unless the MFD is logged out and logged back in.

I am using a Wi-Fi connection from an access point in the small cottage next to my dock. I know the connection works fine because I have connected my laptop to it and infact it works with the MFD.

So the question is what controls when the MFD uploads and downloads once it has a Wi-Fi connection and has been logged in? As I noted, in my case it just does it once immediately upon logging in and then never does it again despite having an active Wi-Fi connection.

Maybe something is going on with the WIFI you are connected on. Try the sync feature by connecting your iPad and TZT3 together by local LAN. See if the sync feature works then?

I can’t get mine to synch either and I have tried logging out and logging back in. I would like to be able to put points on the app in my iPad and have them synch with the plotter. I did have the points from the plotter send points to the iPad but it looks like that has stopped too. Is there any literature on how to do it? I didn’t see anything in the operators manual.

Hi Mikek,

Are you also trying on WIFI? Have you tried creating a local connection between your iPad and TZT3? Below is how to get logged into your Timezero account on the TZT3 to enable the cloud sync.

Attachments

• TZT3 Time Zero Account.JPG
    TZT3 Time Zero Account.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,266
I just tried creating the local network and it does synch. I have the have the iPad on the boat for that to work. If I follow the instructions you posted will that synch any points I create on the iPad away from the boat? Next time I’m on the boat I can retrieve the points by restoring the settings? What if I just want the points and don’t want to change any settings? Thanks.

I was giving you the information on how to sign into your account from the picture. You can disregard the backup data section.

Inside the Settings Menu > General > My Timezero > Enable Cloud Synchronization. Make sure you are are signed into the same Timezero account on both units and are connected via local area connection or WIFI and it will sync up new way points and routes.

mikek":11pcaq6a said:
I just tried creating the local network and it does synch. I have the have the iPad on the boat for that to work. If I follow the instructions you posted will that synch any points I create on the iPad away from the boat? Next time I’m on the boat I can retrieve the points by restoring the settings? What if I just want the points and don’t want to change any settings? Thanks.

Retrieving the settings from the Cloud storage is a separate procedure from synching the waypoints and routes. You don't have to change or lose your settings to synch waypoints.

If you create points on the iPad and then bring it to the boat and join the local network of your TZT, it will transfer the new points to the TZT from the iPad.

You should not have to do by this bringing your iPad to the boat and connecting via a local network, however. The reason I asked the question was because the TZT should synch up to the Cloud when it is connected to Wifi. If your iPad was on WiFi when you made new points at home, when you start up your TZT should download those points automatically if connected to WiFi and logged in to your TZ Cloud account. My experience is that it does not do that.

I reached out to have someone test this, please standby.

The reason why I asked if it was syncing via local area connection because I wanted to verify it would auto-sync your points that way. Often times we see the marina WIFI does not work all that well. Do you have a hot spot on your phone that you can try and connect to and see if you get the same results?

My boat is behind my house on the same WiFi as the iPad, signal is strong. I have the “connect to internet” setting set to “when necessary”. I changed it to “at start up” and I think it synced when I turned the unit on. I’ll play with it tomorrow but that might be the correct setting for it.

kicker":1hutwwpd said:
I reached out to have someone test this, please standby.

The reason why I asked if it was syncing via local area connection because I wanted to verify it would auto-sync your points that way. Often times we see the marina WIFI does not work all that well. Do you have a hot spot on your phone that you can try and connect to and see if you get the same results?

I tried again today. It would synch to a local connection but only initially. Using a variety of internet connections (to Wi-Fi access points and my phone as a hot spot), it would only synch if logged out and back in to Cloud account. Hitting "Force Synch" inthe Synchronization Log only worked for the local connection. Nothing happened if I tried to force a Cloud synch.

We tested this with the TZT3 and didn't find what you are reporting. I was going to ask you to try a different hotspot, but looks like you have. Is your wifi setting to "when necessary" like MikeK suggested? First I was thinking it was your router or a firewall. Can you check the synchronization log?
SyncLog.jpg

Johnny Electron":2edsbuw0 said:
We tested this with the TZT3 and didn't find what you are reporting. I was going to ask you to try a different hotspot, but looks like you have. Is your wifi setting to "when necessary" like MikeK suggested? First I was thinking it was your router or a firewall. Can you check the synchronization log?

When you say you tested it, are you seeing consistent synching to the TZT 3? The synch between the web based TZ Cloud and the iPad TZ iBoat is close to real time. If you add or edit a point or route on the web, it will show up in seconds on the iPad and vice versa. Are you seeing that happen with the TZT 3 also? What is the cloud synch interval on your test of the TZT 3? Thanks.

So I was able to have someone test for us and was connected via WIFI. He was able to get routes and waypoints to sync on the TZT3 instantly, as I have done in the past myself. He did it on a TZT12F and a TZT19F.

When you sign into your Timezero account on the TZT3, you have "auto synchronization" turned on and you are signed into the same account on iBoat app and the TZT3?

If you are on a good hotspot or WIFI and still having issues, only thing I can suggest at this point is backing up your data and settings and master resetting the unit.

The units we tested on are set to "On Start Up". He tried it on when "When Necessary" also and it synced instantly.

I think I have my issue figured out. It kept connecting to a Comcast hotspot that is in my area and it wasn’t a good connection. I’m not sure how it got connected to it, I never selected it (that I remember). I “forgot” the Comcast network and reconnected to mine. I changed my setting to “when necessary”, restarted the TZT3 and when it turned on it uploaded the points.

:jump :jump Perfect. That is what we have found. It can be either when necessary or on start up and it works either way. It is important that the Enable Cloud Sync be turned on with both tablet and MFD having the correct My Time Zero (same) credentials. Another item we noted is that if iBoat APP is opened without being connected to the wifi first; it will go into "NavDemo". The tablet should be connected to good wifi before opening the app. When on the boat, a direct tablet to MFD connection is the best, because there is no other mess in between to worry about.

Back