Bt5 booster instead of etr10d

1stick1

Hi team please don't laugh at my vintage gear I have a sounder running etr10d it may have died is my bt5 booster able.to be wired to perform same task?

The BT5 is a booster that works from in addition to the sounder. We sold and ETR6/10N (aka BBFF1) and the ETR30 (aka BBFF3). You might want to recheck check your model. The BT5 should can be used on most larger sounder when running an extremely large transducer. One can not just run the Bt5 as a sounder.

The BT5 is a booster that works from in addition to the sounder. We sold and ETR6/10N (aka BBFF1) and the ETR30 (aka BBFF3). You might want to recheck check your model. The BT5 should can be used on most larger sounder when running an extremely large transducer. One can not just run the Bt5 as a sounder.
Thank Jonny yes the transducer in question is about 30kg an maybe 12 x8 inch size this is before navnt so the etr 10d is correct as old solid state ill find some numbers off transducer and sounder

Antique. Nice. Answer is the same, you need a sounder to run the BT5 but there are many options. I would recommend the FCV295 or FCV1150 as the replacement to run it.

1Stick1, I am lost reading this thread. I thought you said it was running an FCV1500 in the beginning when Johnny said he thought your existing setup was a BBFF3. What was running the BT5 previously?

I am a bit confused as well. 1stick1, let's forget what you were running before. What sounder and what transducer are you wishing to run the BT5 with now?

We have fcv1500 sounder with 28khz and 50khz transducer out etr30d has expired i never said anything about having bbf3 that may have been incorrectly assumed I had etr30n instead of 30d I was trying to ascertain if the bt5 booster I have and is unused will run between sounder and transducer as replacement

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231218-191054_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231218-191054_Chrome.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 7
Yes, the FCV1500 manual shows the BT-5 as an optional item on page iii. Although it supports it, that sounder is also a very old unit (20-25 years old) so the capacitors and components might not be up to the task.
When using the CA28F-72 transducer the tap setting inside the BT-5 would need to be setup for "C".

Yes, the FCV1500 manual shows the BT-5 as an optional item on page iii. Although it supports it, that sounder is also a very old unit (20-25 years old) so the capacitors and components might not be up to the task.
When using the CA28F-72 transducer the tap setting inside the BT-5 would need to be setup for "C".
Sorry for stupid question but is ca28f directional or is is same front and rear i can't see any marking in it as to foward direction?

1stick1,

The CA28F-72 is rated for 10kW, and has the frequency of 28kHz. This transducer is Rubber Coated and was designed to be either Chest or Tank Mounted. The CA28F-72 has a beam width of 12° x 16°. (see attached drawing for transducer orientation.)

- Deep Blue

Attachments

• CA28F-72 .jpg
    CA28F-72 .jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back