Access FLIR settings using TZT3?

Is there a means of viewing my FLIR M300C settings from my TZT16F?

I'm thinking FLIR stabilization might have gotten turned off. I had hoped to check that by accessing the Settings menu for the FLIR camera. Alas, there are only a very few of the many FLIR settings shown on the MFD. Is there something I'm missing in another area of the TZT3 app?

The video, below, shows why I am thinking stabilization might not be active. This is my first FLIR product, but in reading their documentation, they claim gyro stabilization removes concerns about pitch, yaw, etc. Not so much on my system. I am trying to zoom in on the boat in front of the house, but I can't get the house to stay in the picture due to my boat pitching/yawing. The scene is shot at minimal zoom, maybe 5 of 30x.

I could be wrong, but I personally believe that your pitching in yawing there in that video is outside of the ability of the gyro to stabilize the image.

I could be wrong, but I personally believe that your pitching in yawing there in that video is outside of the ability of the gyro to stabilize the image.

I wondered about that as well, as this is my first FLIR.

But I don't understand how any marine law enforcement group could use the video as a search tool for valuable assets - MOB, druggies, etc. When I'm fishing, something simple as trying to zoom in on a boat a mile away is impossible.

From their brochure: A STEADY VIEW IN ROUGH SEAS: Two-axis mechanical stabilization virtually eliminates the effects of pitch, heave, and yaw.

That lead me to the desire to verify the FLIR config settings, but I haven't found a way to do that through the TZT3.

I guess I should have mentioned in my previous comment how to access your menu structure for the FLIR. It will involve putting a computer on the ethernet and navigating to the IP address of your camera, similar to what you had to do in order to get it to talk to the TZT3 initially. The IP address should be a 172.16.xxx.xxx address if I remember correctly. Your computer will have to be in that same subnet.

I guess I should have mentioned in my previous comment how to access your menu structure for the FLIR. It will involve putting a computer on the ethernet and navigating to the IP address of your camera, similar to what you had to do in order to get it to talk to the TZT3 initially. The IP address should be a 172.16.xxx.xxx address if I remember correctly. Your computer will have to be in that same subnet.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. Seems odd the TZT3 interface doesn't include access to the FLIR menus.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Seems odd the TZT3 interface doesn't include access to the FLIR menus.
It is probably a limitation of the limited web browser built into the systems, generally, these are set it and forget it kind of settings until something doesn't work right.

Due to unresolved integration issues, the M300C is not allowed to connect to the TZT3 by IP video. It must use composite video. It is rare to see boating customers with that model because it lacking the IR camera. For a visual camera it is a bit on the high end side. What you are asking about stabilization is a question for FLIR support not Furuno support. That is some serious pitching and rolling so I would agree it might be beyond what it can stabilize, but really can't say. It also could be that the needed stabilization requirements are not being met. I would recommend talking to FLIR to see what they need to be provided to the camera for full stabilization. The TZT3 loves the M364C and other models but the M300C is a bit of an odd duck for some reason.

Due to unresolved integration issues, the M300C is not allowed to connect to the TZT3 by IP video. It must use composite video. It is rare to see boating customers with that model because it lacking the IR camera. For a visual camera it is a bit on the high end side. What you are asking about stabilization is a question for FLIR support not Furuno support. That is some serious pitching and rolling so I would agree it might be beyond what it can stabilize, but really can't say. It also could be that the needed stabilization requirements are not being met. I would recommend talking to FLIR to see what they need to be provided to the camera for full stabilization. The TZT3 loves the M364C and other models but the M300C is a bit of an odd duck for some reason.

Thanks, Johnny. I've reached out to FLIR; they said from the video it appears stabilization is turned off. I will have to hook up a PC to view the settings.

I thought IP video for the M300C was added in TZT3 v3.01. I thought sure my installer said he connected it via IP. I'll have to check that too.

Regarding use cases for the 300C, a good friend has owned three different models of FLIR, including $30k+ models with both low-light and infrared functions. He was the one who suggested the better bang for the buck is the 300C as low-light represents about 85% of his use. We fish before and after dark every week - thus far the 300C has been a perfect solution. Perhaps I'll think differently when we encounter a totally dark sky.

They tried to add it but most people who tried it; ran into a video freeze problem. If working; I wouldn't change anything unless a problem is encountered. As they say; if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Back