Wireless Remote

Quitsa

Furuno Super Fan
Is there a wireless version of the MCU-004 remote in the works by any chance? I'd love to have a remote in the arm rest of my helm seat. The problem is that getting a USB cable to it would be very difficult and require making holes in my beautiful teak seat. "Brand A" has a wireless remote for their MFDs.

I can't be the only person who would want a wireless remote instead of the current USB wired ones. Thanks.

I will pass the suggestion to product development. I know they have a new touch controller coming that is shown in the 2021 catalog but it is not wireless.

Thanks. In the absence of bluetooth capability on the TZT 3, I suspect there is no easy path to support a wireless remote. The other company's product has bluetooth and that's what it uses to communicate with a battery powered handheld remote.

I might just have to engineer my own using USB to bluetooth adapters though I would still need a power supply for the MCU004 remote.

Android OS is perfectly capable of driving a USB BT dongle, probably wouldn't be too difficult for the engineers to come out with. :wink7

wkearney99":1dimxxtv said:
Johnny Electron":1dimxxtv said:
I know they have a new touch controller coming that is shown in the 2021 catalog but it is not wireless.

Interesting! For those curious, I managed to find this video demonstrating it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUpSZZktkkc&t=2s

(the Furuno page for this seems to have the wrong video linked?)

I bought one that I just received. I like it a lot better than the MCU-004 that I had purchased but returned because it was just too clunky for my taste. The TEU is much smaller and more like operating the TZT 3 itself. It has one major downside, however. Unlike the MCU004, it cannot control more than one display. It will only operate the unit to which it is connected. That is a bit curious since both connect via the USB port. It makes me wonder if it is a software issue and could perhaps be changed in the future to allow selection of the display being controlled. (Furuno product support are you listening?) It is also a bit more expensive.

Nice observation and feedback. I don't know when it might come but I do know product development has already been discussing software changes to allow the TEU to control more than one processor in a similar manner as the MCU004 current can. I am glad you liked the TEU operations. I will let them know.

Also note that USB mice work with the tzt's, so a wireless mouse or trackball might also be an option.

I just saw this....the new touch controller would be the Cats Meow if it was bluetooth. It sure would beat drilling holes et cetera to run a usb wire. But...very exciting actually.

Back