Waypoints page

captjays

I am really not pleased with the TZ touch 3 waypoints page every machine I've had before this including the old navnet 3D when you went to the page that listed all the waypoints it would give you the bearing and distance the only way you can get the burying and distance that I have found is by going through the whole process and plugging in that waypoint does anybody else have a problem with this?

In the waypoint list under HOME - LISTS, each waypoint shows the range/distance from your location and also has a button at the top "RANGE" that can be touched to sort all your targets based on their distance from you. When looking on the plotter, the waypoints are plotted and you can see the rough distance and range immediately from all the waypoints. If you want something more specific, a simple touch of the waypoint in question will instantly show the exact lat/lon and RANGE and BEARING to that waypoint. While the NavNet3D is diffrent, given some time to learn the new system, I think you will find that the TZT3 is much more refined, faster, and easier chart management. Best of all, hopefully you are not missing the WIZARD of the NN3D because that was something, I was really glad to see go. Congrats on the new TZT3.

I understand what your saying ,I have hundreds of bottom fishing way points and as far as I have seen I can't look at the waypoint page and plotter page at the same time range is only in play if you don't care which direction it is. I have used nave net 3d for many years very user unfriendly but it did give you range and bearing so if I was working my way offshore I would know the next closest waypoint in the direction I wanted to go. I see no reason why it can't be on the same line with the other info would it bother you to have that info to see at a quick glance without having to push another button? I have talked to several people at Furuno USA and I'm told the only way you can get changes made is to complain on here! I am the only S/F boat in this town and many other towns that is 100% Furuno

Back