Waypoint management

buckshot

Furuno Super Fan
It would be great if there was a way to store and separate waypoits into categories. It could help with having a cluttered screen that has all the waypoints turned on. Imagine leaving the dock with just all your main spots visible then after getting to a certain area you could swipe and turn on all the surrounding numbers.

I expect that with all of the waypoint types, this is how they envisioned you can divide them into diffrent types. So I am clear, you suggestion is to be able to display and hide waypoints based on types?

Johnny Electron":o5w5n7l7 said:
I expect that with all of the waypoint types, this is how they envisioned you can divide them into diffrent types. So I am clear, you suggestion is to be able to display and hide waypoints based on types?

I raised this question quite some tine ago. I think what would be helpful is to have some notion of "groups" or "folders" to which any waypoint could be assigned. Then you could choose to display or not display a particular group, much as you can now choose to display catches separately from points.

For example, I have hundreds of fishing waypoints and dozens of navigation waypoints. It would be nice to turn off the fishing waypoints if I am not using them.

If raised before, it was past on before. NN3D used to have groups but you still had to view all or none, waypoints. I will pass product development the suggestion. I think they have been considering this actually.

As an alternative, I have fishing areas programmed into my units as boundaries rather than a pile of dotted waypoints. Just general areas that we tend to go to for fishing at different times of the year rather than having a pile of waypoints grouped into a certain area where we catch fish. My biggest issue with this is I am limited to a total of 100 polyline boundaries.

Back