wago connector tool

jp498

Furuno Fan
I understand we can buy the little plastic wago "tools". I'd really be most comfortable if you guys just used screw terminals and aren't sold on these things. These little white tools are so easy to lose; I just know it will happen sometime. I lose screws all the time in the bilge. Soon I will lose these white little plastic tools on a white fiberglass boat somewhere.

If you're going to keep them, I want a real quality everyday tool (perhaps with a handle or lanyard) I can keep in my toolbag for dealing with these connectors and not worry about losing the customers'. It would be good swag and branding too.

Attachments

• PXL_20210507_142408652.jpg
    PXL_20210507_142408652.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 853
The challenge is WAGO is a company and it hold patents, it isn't always as easy as one might think to provide something like you described. It is a great idea and I will pass it forward.

My tool got lost long before I was able to finish my transducer install. Was probably left in the bottom of the box and was missed and thrown in the dumpster. What I found was a small eyeglass screwdriver did the trick for opening the pins up to insert the wires. Beyond the initial install, there should not be a need for this tool.

gtstang462002":37vktvq9 said:
My tool got lost long before I was able to finish my transducer install. Was probably left in the bottom of the box and was missed and thrown in the dumpster. What I found was a small eyeglass screwdriver did the trick for opening the pins up to insert the wires. Beyond the initial install, there should not be a need for this tool.

I don't wear glasses, but they are cheap enough to try, thanks.. I don't actually install most of the gear I work on.. I mostly upgrade boats and add FCV-295's to timezero systems, etc... and the previous installer have mostly done well to leave the plastic tools in place. I do install DFF3D myself though which uses the tools.

Johnny Electron":37vktvq9 said:
The challenge is WAGO is a company and it hold patents, it isn't always as easy as one might think to provide something like you described. It is a great idea and I will pass it forward.
Thank you!

Back