Update navpilot 300 fish hunter

T

Team TDII

Hi

Im just start my update, with the new software for the fish hunter options.
I installed “uploader A” and swift to uploader B, but after it has installed some different things, it’s now just says loading, and nothing happened

Any idea how to fix it

Thanks in advance

The software for Fish Hunter hasn't officially been released here for the domestic U.S. market yet so we're not entirely sure. If you're working with an authorized international Furuno partner or something, we'd suggest to continue working with them until at least it is officially supported here in the United States.

Hope this clarifies, :sail

- Maggy

One of the biggest holdbacks on this is the needed SUZUKI gateway to connect the motors is not yet available from SUZUKI. They estimate they will be on the market around September/October. Existing gateways don't have what is required. I recommend you work with SUZUKI to secure the correct gateway for your interface because without that it won't work.

Isn’t all communication done within nmea network? Didn’t realize needed an additional gateway for these features.

We are learning more infomation from SUZUKI every day as we ready ourselves. The needed SUZUKI gateway is part number 34923-96L12 with version 2.100 software (not available yet). If you have an older 34923-9611 gateway, it can be used if updated to v2.100 software which is now available from SUZUKI (so they tell us). The engine must be a 2022 SPC model (22MY and later) that also has the new Boat Control Module (BCM) 36770-98L01. Of course a new NAVpilot 300 that has the new software or software upgraded existing NAVpilot 300.

My 2022 SPC 2.0 DF250AP engine has BCM 36770-98L00 - couldn’t get a straight answer from Suzuki about compatibility. Any insight into whether this BCM can or even needs to be be updated? The 2022 Suzuki outboard catalogue lists my BCM for all 2022 SPC 2.0 controlled motors.

21Outrage":7wnw9utf said:
My 2022 SPC 2.0 DF250AP engine has BCM 36770-98L00 - couldn’t get a straight answer from Suzuki about compatibility. Any insight into whether this BCM can or even needs to be be updated? The 2022 Suzuki outboard catalogue lists my BCM for all 2022 SPC 2.0 controlled motors.

To be real fair, you should get the straight answer from Suzuki's Technical Support or from your Local Authorized Suzuki dealer. It is their product, they should know for certain. Our notes suggest it's the 36770-98L01 BCM supported, but I'm the first to admit I am neither a Suzuki subject matter expert nor do I technically support this product therefore we're not the right resource to ask.

Hope this clarifies somewhat, :sail

- Maggy

Do US dealers have the update in stock, I called 3 different places and none of them even knew about it nor did they have it for sale

Few live happily on the bleeding edge of technology, the rest of us are all getting caught up we appreciate the patience. Documentation is being put together concerning all this, so stay tuned. Our advise is to be patient with your dealer as well, if you made an inquiry about what parts and software you need we can expect the dealer is contacting their technical support today to get answers.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

I have heard that the Suzuki multi function display is also required to make the fishhunter drive functional. Are you able to confirm that this is correct?

Nedda":b4ocg8ey said:
I have heard that the Suzuki multi function display is also required to make the fishhunter drive functional. Are you able to confirm that this is correct?

I am able to confirm compatibility using and displaying the FishHunter Drive functions with both Furuno's & Suzuki's MFDs (TZTouch2/3/GP1x71F Combo Plotter/SMD7/9/12/16/etc.) with latest software. What is required is the right throttle control, motor, gateway, BCM, and autopilot with FishHunter software (SUZ-PLT-SOF) installed first.

Hope this clarifies, :sail

- Maggy

HI, I need some help. Can't find connection diagram to connect TZ3 to existing 2xSuzuki DF250AP (2019) instalation with one BCM, two digital gauges. I find only gateways or gauges schematic, never both of them.

Your core goal is to get engine data from the proprietary engine bus to the NMEA 2000 bus where the NavNets can read the data. This is normally done with a engine gateway and for SUZUKI this is normally one engine gateway per engine. The port engine gateway would be setup for instance 0 for the port engine and the Starboard gateway would be set to instance 1. You might want to speak with SUZUKI because they released a new gateway that I am told will do more than one engine. Regardless of setup or brand the NavNet wants to see standard engine data via certified NMEA 2000. As far as drawings, you might ask them to use one the SUZUKI model manuals like the SMD12 that covers how they configure their interfaces. How to wire into their bus with their interfaces is all in court. On the Furuno side you need NMEA 2000 and then hit the automatic engine and tank setup setting and bingo you normally have all the engine data showing.

If I've been honest here in my country nowone from Suzuki know how to instal SMD or do that even one time in his live :cool
I need to instal a new NavPilot 300 pluis full Furuno navigation system (2xTZ3, DFF3D, DRS NXT, SCX20) to the boat equped with two DF250AP. From a few days I searching in the net for info how to add two suzuki getaways in to the existing instalation. Suzuki have connection diagrams with two gauges or with two SMD screens :angry and still nowone can told me how and where I can get signal to connect getaways along with gauges :angry
I already read the whole theme, still not 100% sure that Fish hunter options will be unavalable on this engines. The only one reason Sabiki lock and Point lock to not working with Suzuki engines before 2021 will be difference in engine software.
Any additional help will be welcome

Suzuki is the best source to speak with concerning their engines and their gateway options. We did put together some infomation about FishHunter based on the infomation from Suzuki.
https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... rdrive.pdf
From the Furuno side, only the newer software in the pilot is needed as part of the puzzle. Newer shipping pilots come with the required software and warning stickers but users with older pilots or getting old version from distribution might need to buy a kit to update the pilot for Suzuki support. (SUZ-PLT-SOF) The kit cost covers the pre-tested USB media and required safety stickers. In the past Suzuki engine data required an engine gateway but rumor is the new pilot gateway can also pass engine data. I haven't been able to confirm that yet as the new gateway has just now become available from Suzuki. We hope to get more infomation from Suzuki on their new gateway but so far we haven't had much success. We do have some of our dealers who plan to do some testing soon and we might have more infomation to share. Ultimately those items are not ours to support but we will share whatever we can find out.

Back