TZtouch3 screen brightness

The comparison be non-IPS screens to IPS screens isn't apples to apples. It sounds like you are laying too much into the NITS when the viewablity of IPS is totally not the same. Reading the specs I initially thought the same as you until I had the two types side by side.

My issue with brightness turned out to be user error. I had the backlight setting set to dusk. When I set it to automatic or daylight it's now super bright.

On first use I must have accidentally dimmed down the brightness setting too far with the power button and must have changed the backlight setting when I couldn't see the screen.

I did have a little trouble finding the backlight setting. It's available pressing the power button and then swiping. It could just be me but maybe additional access from general settings would have helped me at least.

In any case: I'm very happy with the brightness of the display now and also with everything I've been able to do with unit so far.

Just installed a pair of TZ3. Turned then on and both black. I put a thick moving blanket over my head and the unit and could see the brightness control. Is tgere a method with out a blanket?. Keeping it close to the helm. My TZ2 had delaminated screens

Hitting the power button quickly over and over after the unit is powered on will step rotate the brightness settings from down to up and up to down.

Another non-blanket solution is to use the NavNet Remote app on a phone or tablet. That mirrors the TZ3 display. Push power button the TZ3, then you can see the brightness control on the tablet. Although I like the "press power repeatedly" solution better.

Back