TZtouch TZtouch2 compatibility

W

Wendy Jeanne

TZtouch3 FAQ, states it is compatible with TZtouch2 but not TZtouch.

I would like to be able to add a TZtouch3 to my TZtouch network. My TZtouch 14 is still in great shape and works well.

Could you help me understand why TZtouch + TZtouch2 are compatible, and TZtouch2 + TZtouch3 are compatible, but TZtouch & TZtouuch3 NOT compatible.

I am trying to figure out if they just don't mix like oil and water or NMEA 083 and 2000 (without converter box) or if it is a problem with just a couple features I may not use anyway.

Thanks,

Mike

This has been discussed in other threads. The TZT3 is a complete change in the file formats than used previously. TZT3 will be following the newer style format also offered by Nobeltec v4 Pro (PC based software). Customers with existing TZT2 units have the option of mixing it with the TZT3 but will require v7 and above software (not yet available, but hopefully by first week in June). This upgrade takes the TZT2 into this new type of file format allowing the TZT2 and TZT3 to talk the same language. If you are going to run TZT2 with TZT series one, you must not upgrade the software. TZT series one and TZT2 can be mixed but both need to be at v6 software. At no time, can TZT series one and TZT3 be on the same network. Mixing brings complications and as NN3D could mix with TZT one, but not with TZT2; the same holds true in regards to TZT/TZT2/TZT3. Your TZT2 unit can mix up or mix down. You will need to make a choice. If adding the TZT3 to your TZT2 network, you will need to remove the TZT series one and upgrade the software. Until the TZT2 is updated, it can not mix with TZT3. Hopefully that makes sense.

Johnny E:
Not sure it makes sense. But I certainly understood what you wrote. By design, the file system of the TZtouch3 is not compatible with the TZtouch and TZtouch2. There are plans for a future software update to make the TZtouch2 compatible, but no such plans for the TZtouch.

That certainly explains why A=B, B=C, but A≠C.

Sorry to learn you addressed this before. I read all 13 topics listed under TZtouch3 hoping to find the answer before I posted. I must have missed it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Mike

Good question; because early when this was asked (under TZT2 topic area) it was early before the TZT3 was available. Things were not has clear as they are now. Great that it was addressed here so people will find the answers under this topic area. Thanks for asking it.

Back