TZTouch 3

BReceski

IMG_2866.jpgIMG_2865.jpgView attachment 1I have a new TZTouch 3 16. It is hooked up to a 525T-LTD transducer that is also new. I think when they bottom painted the boat they painted over the transducer. It has not been right since first trying it. Maybe I got a bad new transducer. Can anyone please help me on this. A few pictures.

BReceski,

It appears that there is lots excess "noise" on the sounder screen. So I'd give this a try this first:
1. Go to the Fish Finder Screen
2. Swipe up from the bottom
3. Find the Fish Finder Settings
4. Then Set Hardware to Factory Default

Also, be sure that you are NOT selecting both ACCU-FISH and Bottom Discrimination ON at the same time, as this can mess with the Fish Finder Settings, resulting in poor echoes.

- Deep Blue ;)

Thanks deep Blue.I will try that. I am pulling the boat to check on the paint on bottom too. I have another couple questions question that I hope someone can answer:

1.Would I see any improvement in performance with a 526 TID-LTD 1 KW transducer over the 525T-LTD 600W transducer that I have? I fish the Chesapeake bay in shallow water. Nothing over 65 feet deep.

2. Does the 526 TID give temp and bottom discrimination, and rez boost too?

Thanks again,
Bill

BReceski,

One of the most often question that I get asked is what transducer should I use in my fishery. And that of course all depends on how deep will you be doing most of your fishing..?

For Inshore Fishing say around 500ft, a 600 Watt Transducer will more than handle the job. However, if you plan to go deeper, then consider using a 1kW Transducer.

These following 600 Watt transducers that feature ACCU-FISH, RezBoost, and Bottom Discrimination:

525T-LTD/12 - 600 Watt
525T-LTD/20 - 600 Watt
525STID-MSD - 600 Watt
525STID-MSD7 - 600 Watt

and here is the 1kW Transducer that features ACCU-FISH, RezBoost, and Bottom Discrimination:
525TID-BND

I hope this information helps..?
- Deep Blue ;)

Back