Tztl12f turns on but the screen is black and makes no sound

Fishfiction

Hi everyone

I purchased this unit used and when I connect it to the battery the power button turns amber, once i press the power button the amber light turns off and i can hear the internal fan power up, but nothing happens no display no sound. Anybody else go through this and found an answer? I've tapped the power button consecutively to rule out the brill and the batter is good. Thanks for any heads up.

If you don't hear the "beep/beep" on powering the the button it seems that something might be wrong with the mainboard/CPU. The sound is the start of the BIOs upon power up. While you have good power, make sure you have good connections because it could be starving for current and shutting down to protect itself. If you can't get it figured out, I would speak to the person you got it from or send it into the service center for evaluation.

Thanks for the tips and insight. Ill double check the connections, but as you've said it thinking it's something with the main board. I'll put up any progress I've made. Was hoping it would be something simpler. Is there any way to do a hard reset on these models?

If you decide to send it into the service center to be evaluated...
Make sure to include your contact information and information about what's going on with the unit.

Address is below

FurunoUSA
Attn:Service
4400 NW Pacific Rim Blvd.
Camas, WA 98607-9408

Hi everyone

I purchased this unit used and when I connect it to the battery the power button turns amber, once i press the power button the amber light turns off and i can hear the internal fan power up, but nothing happens no display no sound. Anybody else go through this and found an answer? I've tapped the power button consecutively to rule out the brill and the batter is good. Thanks for any heads up.
IMHO, I've done this before in the shop or on a boat and it sounds like it's starved for current. Can you put a meter on that battery? Is it less than DC: 10v -11v (12vdc)/22v or less (24vdc), if so put the battery on a trickle charger over night and try again.

- Maggy

Back