Tzt3 with tzt 2 and accessories connections

frankiepr

Hello,
I just bought a tzt3 and scx20 for my boat. I would like to know if the connections that are in the attached document are correct or not. Or if it is necessary to make other improvements.

Attachments

• Boat.docx
    311.4 KB · Views: 102
frankiepr,

The document that you provided looks correct. You have the SCX20 going to a TZT3 via the NMEA2000 network, and the then have all the TZT3 MFDs, DRS4D-NXT, and the Fusion Radio all connected via Ethernet Connections.

This document shows that all the components will be sharing the data that is required for your TZT3 system to have Position, Heading and Depth.

- Deep Blue :)

remember for the NMEA2000 network you will need to build a small backbone with proper termination on each end and insert power into the network. There are several simple options to do that such as
1 a couple of tees and a power cable with 12v +/- (https://actisense.com/products/nmea-2000-starter-kit-1/)

2 a combo block (https://actisense.com/products/a2k-sbn-1/)

the examples in (parentheses) are one brand but there are many brands with different levels of quality and options that all do the same thing.

I have been working on the same idea as I wait for my new gear to show up. Is my diagram attached correct? A few notes:

- I don't plan on having XM Music

- I'm not sure about the cable from the 711c to the FAP7002 - is this an N2K drop cable?

- With the SCX20, I'm not sure if I'll install the PG700. Like the redundancy but just not sure if it is necessary and may try to sell it.

Attachments

• Furuno Electronics.jpg
    Furuno Electronics.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 575
BBWX4 is Ethernet connection, so you'll need to re route that on your diagram

The 165T 50-200 has three leads comign off it

the first set of leads is for the multibeam sounder (on your diagram)
the second set of leads is for the motion sensor/accelerometers (not no diagram but can be the same as the first)
the third set of leads is for the 50/200 B164 elements (not on diagram and missing, should go to tzt19F #2)

The first two (multibeam sounder, and motion sensor) go to the DFF3D network box

The third will run into your second TZT19F

The rest looks good

Great, thanks Mattology!

Question - Is the cable from the 711C to the FAP7002 just a N2K drop cable or is it special Fururno?

Thanks Maggy. :respect ! I haven't received the AP components yet and couldn't find anything on-line that provided clarity.

Understandable, glad I could assist. :jump :jump

Pro tip: Should you run into such issues, you can always search for the product on www.furunousa.com > navigate to the "View Support/Tech Info" and download a PDF of the packing list to any product. Often times you can glean part numbers or cable accessories from these documents. :ugeek:

Hope that helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back