TZT3 random questions

buckshot

Furuno Super Fan
Is there an internal buzzer/beeper? If yes how do I get it to work with anchor watch?

I have noticed the swipe up feature does not work very well from the lower center- up but it works very well if I swipe up from the lower right-up. Is this normal? I do have the fusion media bar on also maybe it is interferring.

I have noticed the fusion bass, mid and treble controls reset to 0 every time after leaving that screen. Glitch? I have the BB-100

How much performance will I gain if I add the DFF-uhd over using the internal finder? I have the B265LH ducer. I normally fish in 60 to 300 feet but want to do more bottom dropping in deeper water.

HDMI in and out, does a HDMI touch screen control the Furuno or does the Furuno control the touch screen? Or both? Will it also require a USB connection?

What is the best way to control the Furuno that is on the bridge from the lower salon while viewing the Furuno on a TV? Is there a controller that will work through the ethernet network?
Touchpad through usb
Mouse through USB?
Encoder?
MCU ?
Tablet through the app?

Thanks

I will answer what I can from my experiences:
Buzzer - there is an external alarm device that can be hooked up to the pigtail coming out of the back of the unit. A Floyds Turbo bell( which is really just an annoying beeping alarm, the store that has WM for initials sells it) works really well.

I have noticed swipe up and touch issues, but I have always chalked it up to me fingers not playing well with capacitive touch screens. My phone's give me a fit too most days.

I never really adjust the audio setting on my stereo. Are you connecting to it through the NMEA or Ethernet? This information can help the techs determine if it is a possible bug.

Can't provide any info on the DFF-UHD

Can't provide any info on the Touch over HDMI, but I believe that it will accept inputs via USB. Johnny can speak to this much better than I.

I control my Fly bridge displays from the tablet app. There is a slight delay on the inputs but completely usable once you get used to it. One display is mirrored to my Salon TV to display relevant information to the activity at hand downstairs.

gtstang462002 is correct about the external buzzer option and how it works.

The swipe up does seem an issue if you do not go low enough down into the black area of the bezel before swiping up. Any bottom overlay like Fusion only makes it more challenging. Many times, I turn of that bar and access Fusion from the side selection under MENU whenever I wish to adjust the radio. Note that product development says there is a bottom swipe change coming in the next revision software expected about the end of September.

Any Fusion settings related to bass/treble settings are managed and stored by that product. You might see if they have a software update.

Changing the B265LH over to the UHD will gain a little better processing (not enough to notice) but the only real advantage of that would be the addition of BD (bottom discrimination) feature which it offers that transducer, but the internal sounder does not. Depth wise and otherwise it is hard to tell any difference, but the UHD does hold the edge when running the B265LH.

For units like the TZT16/TZT19 that have USB and HDMI pass through, you can control an external item via touch like a PC. The PC video goes into the TZT3 along with the USB connection that allows your touch to pass through over to the PC (or other device) and touch and select items as if you were directly on that unit. Of course, you can walk over to the PC and control it directly which can be show on the TZT3 screen as those actions take place. Now the PC is not controlling the TZT3, it is the TZT3 showing and controlling the PC in this case.

If you want to control the Furuno, say with an external touch monitor that is also possible. That would require that the HDMI out go to the touch screen and the touch screen USB go to the TZT3. It would be a mirror image of the TZT3 so if an operator is at both locations, they will be fighting each other. It is good for the captain who goes to the other location and wishes to resume is work just as if he was in front of the TZT3 display. To have this done with a TV is only slightly different. You take TZT3 HDMI to the TV (so you can see the TZT3 video) and use a control to change and select with. This can be done with MCU002, MCU004, or network MCU005. It is also possible to use the TEU touch controller. Any long-distance runs should be done properly because HDMI and others have limited distance unless you build in proper amps. Of course, you can also control using wi-fi Control APP or even the full REMOTE APP. If me, I would use an MCU so you don't have to chase down an iPad. It is much like losing the TV remote whenever you need it. A mounted MCU will always be where you left it.

Thanks,
I will check the update for the Fusion radio
I mainly just want to have the TV in the salon show the TZT but while anchored it would be nice to control the TZT some as well. I think the app on my tablet will work fine. Simple things like access to anchor alarm, viewing radar to see an incoming storm, nearby AIS boats, you get the idea.

Back