TZT3 not seeing NXT

aweir

Just connected new units- TZT3 is not connecting with NXT dome..
Double checked all connections and power supply.

A few more details would help diagnose your problem -- do you hear the low hum standby sound from the dome when power is on? Is the ethernet cable from the radar plugged directly into a TZT 3 or on a network ethernet switch? When you go to the "initial settings" menu and look at the sensor list, is the radar greyed out or doesn't show at all.

Thanks for the follow up.
no sound from dome, I did open it to confirm there was power to the red and blue wires.
I have it wired direct from the dome to the MFD.
No radar on the sensor list.
After some hours resetting etc, I ended up running a separate Cat 5 wire between the dome and the MFD which got things working.
Not sure where connection issue is though- could be the separate cable ordered with the system or the 5' lead that comes from the dome.
Have a replacement cable being shipped, hopefully resolves it.
If not, we'll have the isuue isolated to the lead from the dome.
Not sure that part is available through Furuno so they may have to send a new dome.
I really wish they would just use two separate cables for power and comms.
Thought about replacing the connector plugs but I don't want Furuno refusing the warranty cable replacement.
Thanks again!

A long time ago I damaged a radar cable when routing it through the tubing supporting the hardtop of the boat. Just pointing out that this is a possibility.

When you receive the new cable, I would suggest connecting it between the MFD/power/dome before routing it to confirm it works.

Thanks.. definitely! I was able to remove the moulding that conceals the wiring dropping into the cabin and didn't have any pulling or stressing the cable- but who knows. I'll let you know how it goes when the new one arrives. I'm really not a fan of the modular plug or single cable for power and comms.

Back