TZT3 internal traditional sounder

Sydneyfishing25

Hi all,

If using a TZT3 primarily for fish-finding is it necessary to add on a DFF1-UHD to get the most out of it?

I currently use a FCV-628 with a B60 and am very happy with its fish finding performance down to 100m (and love the bottom discrimination feature), but I want to upgrade to something with a chartplotter hence I'm looking at a TZT3. However I'm unsure if the TZT3 will match the 628 in its fish finding ability with a traditional sonar transducer given this is the 628's speciality.

The only reason to add on a DFF1-UHD in your case is if you want to use a CHIRP transducer and want to utilize Bottom Discrimination and/or Accu-Fish.

mattology is correct.
B265LH or PM265LH will give Bottom Discrimination.
B275LH will work fine otherwise, but do not expect Bottom Discrimination to work.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I know this has been asked to death but is there any light at the end of the tunnel with the TZT3 running BD with the 265LH on the internal sounder anytime soon?

I’m thinking I just keep my fcv628 for BD and then getting a cheaper MFD for chirp.

FishTech":r1s8v5h7 said:
Is it not on the feature list for TZT3.

Is this something that just needs to be requested in the new product suggestions or is there a hardware limitation in this sounder preventing this? Along with AccuFish and the B275LHW on the internal sounders?

It is a mix of processing and software that isn't going to happen.
As for the High-Wides, the wide beams don't function well, if at all, with Bottom Discrimination or Accu-Fish. It's all in the way the echo has to be analyzed within the high and low beams and the timing.

I still think a great stop gap would be to enable BD by firing the 265LH in continuous wavelength mode on 50/200, and then when wanting to switch to full chirp, allow that with BD temporarily disabled.

There is a lot more to it than just that. However, I like that idea and I will definitely pass it along.

Back